Could the delay be content related?

If SCEA had issues with it, there was probably cert issues. Which I could understand given the timeframe.

Cert is a nerve racking time. They'll have Microsoft cert for the 360. Depending on the publisher, they may have a cert process as well (EA has a cert process I know).

The SCEA comments as listed in the leaked alleged minutes (ie too hard, not enough RPG for an RPG) would not usually be cause for lack of certification, so far as I am aware- bugs, poor performance, poor performance relative to 360 or perhaps even OMG teh sex!!! might potentially be.

Having said that, certification issues would explain an eight month delay and lack of any comment rather well, as they'd no doubt be trying to sort things out quietly behinds the scenes.

I'd totally support a delay if they allowed for exploration within the hubs ala Bloodlines. Otherwise I can understand the "not RPG enough" comment.

What's with this whole 'exploration' craze, anyway? I'd have hours of my life back if I didn't spend so much time backtracking from place to place in the Fallout games.

I'd totally support a delay if they allowed for exploration within the hubs ala Bloodlines. Otherwise I can understand the "not RPG enough" comment.

What's with this whole 'exploration' craze, anyway? I'd have hours of my life back if I didn't spend so much time backtracking from place to place in the Fallout games.

Less exploration = Less opportunities for easy DLC integration = Less money milked

Ambience. Environment. What's the point of being in Rome if you can't enjoy it?

Fast travel can deal with the backtracking problems.

I don't need full on exploration, but something Deus Ex like would not go unappreciated.

I'm not sure what the hubs are like so I can't erally say.

To be honest though, I didn't care as much and I was looking forward to the game regardless.

I notice Rorie is silent. I have a feeling the dumbass blog media ruined our fun. God I hope it wasn't a forum regular that decided to report it or I'd like to kick his ass.

I notice Rorie is silent. I have a feeling the dumbass blog media ruined our fun. God I hope it wasn't a forum regular that decided to report it or I'd like to kick his ass.

Don't know if he has anything to do with those blog reports, but I'm quite sure Google.com is a forum regular. I see him every time I log on.

just tossing in out there but they mite be having to re-work how you interact with sis, seeing as how you can kill her or beat her to pulp to get her to tell you stuff.

i mean shes like what 16? and your like a secret agent man beating a young girl...sega mite not like that on their image... though i thought it was badass

Fear is an illusion of the mind. Pain is an illusion of the senses.

If actions speak louder than words, how can the pen be mightier than the sword

Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and... boring

just tossing in out there but they mite be having to re-work how you interact with sis, seeing as how you can kill her or beat her to pulp to get her to tell you stuff.

i mean shes like what 16? and your like a secret agent man beating a young girl...sega mite not like that on their image... though i thought it was badass

"Hi, I

Edited by kirottu

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Based on what we have seen it already appears to be as much an rpg as say Oblivion, in terms of dialogue and choices and what not.

No open world or flaming swords, true. So maybe that was the problem. Or maybe no spaceships and aliens? hmmm.

Actually, Oblivion had a speech skill...

Just saying.

ps: Oh, and attributes.. but, well, that's a given.