I need a system for a star trek game.

If you haven't watched the latest ST movie, do not continue reading.

The game in question mechanic-wise is going to be Elite Force style (The PCs are part of the Hazard Team on the Enterprise E.)

There will be:

Time travel (else this wouldn't work)

Q (The trial never ends)

Organians (they're gone for a reason)

Borg (we love them)

Vulcans (only some though, their world got blow'd up)

and more races (there are lots of them)

Lots of combat

Lots of research

Lots of social interaction

Section 31

EVA combat

EMH

Preservers (The biggest part of the story arc)

There will for the most part not be:

Starship combat (will be handled cinematicly except for maybe a shuttle battle or two)

This will be a long term campaign, 4-6 players.

System ideas would be appreciated. I'm familiar with several, but I'm not sure which would be best to use in this scenario.

I'll flesh out the story if anyone is terribly interested.

Edited by AlphaProtocolForever

GURPS could easily be tweaked,

There's actually a GURPS based version of the Prime Directive Star Trek (Starfleet Battles) role playing game (they also did D20 and are planning on returning to D6 as well).

I believe its set in a divergent universe, but I'd imagine it would be adaptable to re-aligning with whatever ST universe one wanted.

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

GURPS could easily be tweaked,

There's actually a GURPS based version of the Prime Directive Star Trek (Starfleet Battles) role playing game (they also did D20 and are planning on returning to D6 as well).

I believe its set in a divergent universe, but I'd imagine it would be adaptable to re-aligning with whatever ST universe one wanted.

D20 is familiar to everyone in my gaming group, so that would be a viable option. I'll look into that. Thanks.

tep has forgotten more than most people will ever know. :ermm:

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Stopped reading as I haven't seen the movie, but thought it would be polite to say so.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

tep has forgotten more than most people will ever know. :lol:

In this case, I had a reason to look up ST based RPGs (before deciding to wing-it).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Yeah, but finding old RPGs isn't necessarily an easy task for everyone; I know Prime Directives have had fairly recent releases.