KOTOR 2Quicksave problem

Hey I have played kotor 2 before and the quick save used to run fast really really fast. But now when I press F4 which is for quick save, it takes more time. I don't even have any mods installed. I have only one character in kotor 2. The save takes a long time even if its a new game. Luckily I had an old kotor 2 save (when the quicksaves used to be really fast). I loaded that and then the quick save started working all right. But when I deleted that save and started a new fresh game, the quick saves became slower.Should reinstalling help? I have TSLRP installed and my game is totally updated. When the game used to save fast, that time it wasn't updated. Any idea what happened?Is updating creating this lag?

It might help reinstalling.

Why would he do that? The engine KotOR II uses saves more data the further you go in the game so it might be that you are simply trying to load a save that has much more data and that could the cause of the slowdown. Also, have you tried saving a regular save file rather than a quicksave? It might be that your quicksave folder has become bloated and you need to go in and delete some older files.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

It might help reinstalling.

Why would he do that? The engine KotOR II uses saves more data the further you go in the game so it might be that you are simply trying to load a save that has much more data and that could the cause of the slowdown. Also, have you tried saving a regular save file rather than a quicksave? It might be that your quicksave folder has become bloated and you need to go in and delete some older files.

Actually the save game folder is empty since I re-installed the game. SO please help me. The game is slow even if I load a game from peragus (after waking up from the kolto tank)

Edited by Gunners_rule