How about face/skin tone customization?

Well, now that Obsidian has another 6+ months to work on the game, how about adding in some Mass Effect-style deeper facial customization and skin tone/color choices? These seem to be pretty much the only things missing from the whole character creation/customization process. I tend to like my games to have full character creation options. Would be a heck of a lot better than all of them having the same generic "Michael Thorton" face.

Edited by Statix

Well, now that Obsidian has another 6+ months to work on the game, how about adding in some Mass Effect-style deeper facial customization and skin tone/color choices? These seem to be pretty much the only things missing from the whole character creation/customization process. I tend to like my games to have full character creation options. Would be a heck of a lot better than all of them having the same generic "Michael Thorton" face.

I agree that this would be cool, however I doubt they would spend this extra time adding it. From what I've read it seems like reviewers ether like the RPG and thought the combat was just standard or thought it wasn't RPG enough. I was starting to get the opinion that the reviewers liked the game, but were not totally sold on all aspects. I'd like to believe they are spending this time trying to make the game stand out a bit more in terms of both Combat and RPG elements. But that's just my thoughts and eight months is a long time, it would be great to get an official word on the issue.

One can hope, but I highly doubt it. I'll just turn to DA for my in depth char gen fix.

i coulda swore i saw skin tone options or a darker mike(trust me, i looked very hard as it was one of the selling factors for me). but with that being said, it wasnt perfect. in other words, he wasnt dark enough, for my tastes atleast. I'd love to make him as dark as Yancy, but the split second glimpse that i got of a darker Mike Thorton, looked more like a mean sun tan. idk the name of the video but im pretty sure it was provided with the latest IGN preview.. oh & i agree with you OP, as well as the guy above who said something about AI. there is a lot of room for improvement, here's to perfection.

i coulda swore i saw skin tone options or a darker mike(trust me, i looked very hard as it was one of the selling factors for me). but with that being said, it wasnt perfect. in other words, he wasnt dark enough, for my tastes atleast. I'd love to make him as dark as Yancy, but the split second glimpse that i got of a darker Mike Thorton, looked more like a mean sun tan. idk the name of the video but im pretty sure it was provided with the latest IGN preview.. oh & i agree with you OP, as well as the guy above who said something about AI. there is a lot of room for improvement, here's to perfection.
It was the safehouse walkthrough, I just rewatched it today and noticed the darker tan too.

from the sounds of the face and skin customization i'm happy with that. unless i could like throw on the turban and beard and like use that to help in the Saudi Arabian levels. or like toss on a Russian hat and all that and use it to like help me blend in.

though if your character is looking ridiculous or fits the area it'd be cool to see dialog about that or something...just a wish.

Fear is an illusion of the mind. Pain is an illusion of the senses.

If actions speak louder than words, how can the pen be mightier than the sword

Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and... boring