New Mass Effect 2 Character

Gorth

Start of old thread

End of old thread

I am unqualified to comment on this game... so I steal a few quotes from the previous thread to kick it off.

I think the confirmed squad mates so far are:

1.Tali

2.Jacob

3.Miranda

4.Thane

5.Grunt

6.Subject Zero

7.Salarian Scientist (?)

8.Geth (?)

9. ???

10. ???

Jerret Lee said on the Subject Zero thread: 'Yep, there are 10 potential squad mates to recruit from around the galaxy to take on your mission. The more you take, and the more loyal you make them, the better your odds of survival.'

But if she's not smoking, then she becomes unboneable. And therein lies the problem.

Remember guys: If she smokes, she pokes.

Strange, she looks 'romancable' in the video.

I think the confirmed squad mates so far are:

1.Tali

2.Jacob

3.Miranda

4.Thane

5.Grunt

6.Subject Zero

7.Salarian Scientist (?)

8.Geth (?)

9. ???

10. ???

I'm still wondering if the disparity due to the original "12 different NPCs" and the current "you can get 10 npcs on a playthrough" is due to 1 slot being reserved to a ME1 romance. Or maybe they just get the bridge dropped on them. :thumbsup:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

"Jerret Lee said on the Subject Zero thread: 'Yep, there are 10 potential squad mates to recruit from around the galaxy to take on your mission. The more you take, and the more loyal you make them, the better your odds of survival.'"

Uhg. Annoying **** like that almost demands enjoyment-breaking metagaming. GOTTA CATCH THEM ALL. :thumbsup:

Edited by Krezack

Batman: Arkham Asylum

I disagree it's metagaming; metagaming is when information the character does not have influences the character's action.

For instance, in ME1, I might pick paragon options during a conversation because I know that I can

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I assume Subject Zero is some escaped experiment from Cerberus? That could make the interactions with that Miranda interesting.

Since the only saves I have left from ME1 are FemShep renegade ones, I suppose loyalty won't be much of a problem.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

At this point, I believe half the characters are paragons and half renegade.

Miranda, Jacob, and Tali - Paragons

Subject Zero, Thane, and Grunt - Renegade.

Then again, Mr. Lee described Thane as paragon so...

I bet many of the people who dislike SZ would find her a great character if she appeared in Fallout: New Vegas.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I bet many of the people who dislike SZ would find her a great character if she appeared in Fallout: New Vegas.

Sorry, but I will criticize any- and everything, whether it's made by some hack or by the awesomest game designer of all time.

Nothing is above criticism, at least for me.

Sorry, but I will criticize any- and everything, whether it's made by some hack or by the awesomest game designer of all time.

Did you strike a pose when you wrote that? :lol:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Captain Criticism away!

What's your point, Maria? Blindly loving everything one developer does is no better than blindly loving everything another developer does.

Edited by Purkake

See, if she was wearing something more than two strips of leather covering her nipples, I might take the character seriously.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

On the other side, perhaps those video clips were just specifically made for marketing purposes. Perhaps the actual characters in the game aren't that....extreme.

That is totally possible, but until we get some more info, that clip is all we can base out opinions on.

Captain Criticism away!

What's your point, Maria? Blindly loving everything one developer does is no better than blindly loving everything another developer does.

Honestly I think maria is right, however I also think that Zero would fit in better to the F3 setting over Mass Effect.

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Her point is, if Zero was in AP, she would recieve a different reception. Or perhaps that the character is more suited to the NV setting.

Personally, Zero seems different from the usual Bio female, which is (IMO) refreshing.

On the other side, perhaps those video clips were just specifically made for marketing purposes. Perhaps the actual characters in the game aren't that....extreme.

As long as they don't breakdown halfway through the game because of a 'daddy/wife/trust' etc issues. I'd rather them be that way because they are mad, not because of a past tragic event and in the end, are a nice person. :lol:

Edited by Bos_hybrid
cylon_basestar_eye.gif

I don't like characters that are supposed to be cool by ending every second sentence with bitch.

Besides, Myron was in FO 2 and I have yet to meet someone who liked 'im.

I'm liking this character concept. She says bitch and *bleep*. I hope she gets to shoot that ugly Grunt alien character in the head as well. My squad definitely needs an extreme Ashley replacement and the prospects look good.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I would actually like to know more about the Salarian Scientist. Salarians seem to be the only type of aliens my Shepard doesn't have a deep rooted xenophobic hatred of. They make me (and therefore, Shepard) giggle.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

As long as they don't breakdown halfway through the game because of a 'daddy/wife/trust' etc issues. I'd rather them be that way because they are mad, not because of a past tragic event and in the end, are a nice person. :)

It wouldn't be a Bioware game if she didn't.

I don't like characters that are supposed to be cool by ending every second sentence with bitch.

Besides, Myron was in FO 2 and I have yet to meet someone who liked 'im.

I liked Myron, but was he the one that walked twice as slow as everyone else?