The TSLRCM thread

Lots of discussion there, gotta love it when that happens.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I think I

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Since april 2005 :)

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I managed to finish the game without any further incidents. There's a few nice new twists at Malachor.

Guess I should now replay as a male Exile. Apparently there's some interesting drama added involving the Handmaiden & Visas.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I'm up to the HK factory now and playing through that. So far it's been fun to see some of the restored stuff, but I think quality wise it generally is a mixed bag. Not the quality of the mod mind you, but the content itself. There's a lot of stuff in there that I think is completely unnecessary to the game and should've stayed cut.

Also while stuff like the more in-depth bounty hunter stuff on Nar Shadaa is pretty cool, the actual gameplay sections are pretty horrendous. With the bounty hunters, it means that we have to endure a slog through millions of bounty hunters on the streets of Nar Shadaa. It's just... urgh. I'm glad they decided to not implement the Genohardan (or whatever it's called) stuff in the main mod.

The same goes for the HK factory. Yeah, the dialogues are golden and fun as hell. But the gameplay here is just terrible. Watching HK-47 sloooowly taking down the health of a million different droids in the horrendous KOTOR combat engine is about the most boring thing I can think of.

Again, nothing against the modders who have done such an awesome job but unless these sections are tweaked, my next replay of KOTOR2 will be vanilla style. Or simply read the cool bits in Scorchys Let's Play KOTOR2 thread.

So yeah, it's great fun to see some of the cut bits (some of them definetely deserve to be in the game), but as it stands now I'm not sure I would consider it to be worth it. Hope they can tweak the mod after they get the initial kinks out though.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I managed to finish the game without any further incidents. There's a few nice new twists at Malachor.

Guess I should now replay as a male Exile. Apparently there's some interesting drama added involving the Handmaiden & Visas.

The Malachor twists are worth it alone.

Especially, the PS:T Blood Wars-esque ending. :sorcerer:

manthing2.jpg

I still haven't played it :shifty:

My computer is still unpacked due to my recent move.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Stoney has made the big announcement over at LucasForums but I thought I'd share it here.

TSL Restored Content Mod "FINAL" 1.5 version IS HERE!

Main link http://www.deadlystream.com/downloads/TSLRCM 1.5.exe

Yeah, you see that right. TSLRCM "final" 1.5 version is here, ready to be downloaded.

README:

Authors: Zbyl2 and DarthStoney

Name: TSL Restored Content Mod

1. Description:

----------

Restores a lot of cut content in KOTOR (TSL)

2. Mod (In)compatibility:

----------

Prologue - Peragus - Harbinger Correction Mod (1.1) by Ulic is COMPATIBLE

Sion's Arrival to Peragus Fix (2.0) by Zbyl is COMPATIBLE

Coruscant - Jedi Temple by DeathDisco is COMPATIBLE

M4-78 will NOT work with this mod.

USM-compatibility patch can be downloaded in download section over at deadlystream.com

3. UNINSTALLATION

----------

1. Go to your TSL directory.

2. Find file called unins000.exe

3. Rund unins000.exe.

4. Wait.

5. Go to your TSL directory. Folder called "backup" was created during installation. Open it.

6. In "backup" folder you'll find two sub-folders - "launcher" and "modules".

7. Copy files from "backup\launcher" directory into "launcher" folder in game's main directory.

8. Copy files from "backup\modules" directory into "modules" folder in game's main directory.

9. Congratulation - TSLRCM has been successfully removed from your game's folders!

4. CREDITS:

----------

Major Contributors:

* Jinger/Kreia - the Rebuilt enclave and Handmaidens

* Vpuppet/HassatHunter - the

Edited by Scarletguard

• 2 weeks later...

I've been following this epic modding project, and others, for quite some time now and have just discovered that the completed version 1.5 is up and about. However, the links to download it appear to be down. Any word on the cause of this or when they will be up again? I'm assuming a bunch of lurkers like myself pounced on it when it was released and killed the bandwidth?

I just finished the game with this mod installed... I am surprisingly underwhelmed. It's pretty obvious that all of the necessary files to fully restore the content was not available in the game to begin with. The HK factory was the highlight of the experience, but aside from that I could swear I wasn't playing with the mod at all. A few new dialogue options or appearances doesn't change the experience very much. The game with the mod added isn't very different from the game without it. The game felt very much the same to me in the end.

I'm very surprised that this is the fruit of years of labor and forum controversy. I give kudos to all of the hard work thrown in there, but I'm quite baffled at the same time. Ever since Team Gizka introduced the idea of this project years ago, it seemed like the cut content thrown back in would make this a very different game. Maybe the restored content mod doesn't have many of the things that Gizka is restoring, but I doubt that.

Oh well. The modding is very well done, I didn't run into any issues that I believe the mod caused. The content itself though is nothing to write home about. The full potential of this game will have to just live on in our minds and in the written concepts we can dig up.

I just finished the game with this mod installed... I am surprisingly underwhelmed. It's pretty obvious that all of the necessary files to fully restore the content was not available in the game to begin with. The HK factory was the highlight of the experience, but aside from that I could swear I wasn't playing with the mod at all. A few new dialogue options or appearances doesn't change the experience very much. The game with the mod added isn't very different from the game without it. The game felt very much the same to me in the end.

I'm very surprised that this is the fruit of years of labor and forum controversy. I give kudos to all of the hard work thrown in there, but I'm quite baffled at the same time. Ever since Team Gizka introduced the idea of this project years ago, it seemed like the cut content thrown back in would make this a very different game. Maybe the restored content mod doesn't have many of the things that Gizka is restoring, but I doubt that.

Oh well. The modding is very well done, I didn't run into any issues that I believe the mod caused. The content itself though is nothing to write home about. The full potential of this game will have to just live on in our minds and in the written concepts we can dig up.

I must disagree! There are many, many things new in this mod. I play it now for third time because I want to explore it all and always run in something new.

Btw this mod is compatible with only 4 other mods and those are:

1.Prologue - Peragus - Harbinger Correction Mod (1.1) by Ulic is COMPATIBLE

2.Sion's Arrival to Peragus Fix (2.0) by Zbyl is COMPATIBLE

3.Coruscant - Jedi Temple by DeathDisco is COMPATIBLE

4.USM-(there is compatibility patch for tslrc to download)

Oh my... Way more interesting, new, less bugs, complete storyline make sense now (like bao dur's faith explained etc.)

Thanks to the fans, TSLRC and other mods are availible to all on many sites. Get them immediately and try them. You won't regret :lol:

Edited by saki