The TSLRCM thread

I just finished the game with this mod installed... I am surprisingly underwhelmed. It's pretty obvious that all of the necessary files to fully restore the content was not available in the game to begin with. The HK factory was the highlight of the experience, but aside from that I could swear I wasn't playing with the mod at all. A few new dialogue options or appearances doesn't change the experience very much. The game with the mod added isn't very different from the game without it. The game felt very much the same to me in the end.

I'm very surprised that this is the fruit of years of labor and forum controversy. I give kudos to all of the hard work thrown in there, but I'm quite baffled at the same time. Ever since Team Gizka introduced the idea of this project years ago, it seemed like the cut content thrown back in would make this a very different game. Maybe the restored content mod doesn't have many of the things that Gizka is restoring, but I doubt that.

Oh well. The modding is very well done, I didn't run into any issues that I believe the mod caused. The content itself though is nothing to write home about. The full potential of this game will have to just live on in our minds and in the written concepts we can dig up.

Hello, from the guy who worked on the new HK factory for version 1.5.

I feel the same way about the mod, but it's not because the content isn't there, but rather because I feel that the primary makers of the mod didn't assemble it all together in the right fashion. I've looked through most of the cut content and believe you me, it can be done, but it's not yet.

I just finished the game with this mod installed... I am surprisingly underwhelmed. It's pretty obvious that all of the necessary files to fully restore the content was not available in the game to begin with. The HK factory was the highlight of the experience, but aside from that I could swear I wasn't playing with the mod at all. A few new dialogue options or appearances doesn't change the experience very much. The game with the mod added isn't very different from the game without it. The game felt very much the same to me in the end.

I'm very surprised that this is the fruit of years of labor and forum controversy. I give kudos to all of the hard work thrown in there, but I'm quite baffled at the same time. Ever since Team Gizka introduced the idea of this project years ago, it seemed like the cut content thrown back in would make this a very different game. Maybe the restored content mod doesn't have many of the things that Gizka is restoring, but I doubt that.

Oh well. The modding is very well done, I didn't run into any issues that I believe the mod caused. The content itself though is nothing to write home about. The full potential of this game will have to just live on in our minds and in the written concepts we can dig up.

The forum controversy and years of labor you mention are for the mod that was being developed (and abandoned?) by Team Gizka. This mod was made by other people.

Hey

Never used mods for any games before but I'd like to try the TSLRCM - it was such a great game apart from the ending.

I was wondering what the deal is with the mod and the license agreement? Given the discussion of it here on the Obsidian forums, is it the case that Obsidian, Activision and other concerned parties are OK with the mod?

Has there been any official communication about it? (Reading the license agreement it appears that modding is not allowed, though I guess they write these things in the strictest wording possible, just in case.)

Updates for the TSLRCM 1.5 Mod:

There is an error in the patcher included with the original release over at KOTORFiles. (Apparently a few of files were missing and there is one error on Dantooine which may lead to Disciple to be missing.) Get the fix here:

Update to the KOTORFiles 1.5 release of TSLRCM

For those fond of using the Ultimate Saber Mod, now you don't have to choose TSLRCM over USM. Darth Stoney has created a compatibility patch so you'll be to use the USM with TSLRCM!

TSLRCM - USM Compatibility Patch

As with all mods, please pay particular attention to the read me files included so there isn't any issue with your installation. If you have any questions before (or after) attempting to install these mods and the read me file has already been consulted, ask for advice in this thread. (Reviews of the mod are also welcomed over there as well.)

I think it is pretty awesome. Nice bits and pieces here and there, the HK factory, Malachor V is still a shattered mess, but at least now there's a sort of red thread in the plot you can follow. Things are not left hanging nearly as much.

Good work, I say.

SODOFF Steam group.

Amen, everything restored (besides HK factory) is pretty much minor and doesn't change or add much to the game except just seeing something new.

I wonder how the world would be today if Obsidian had been allowed to finish the game. :sigh:

I wonder how the world would be today if Obsidian had been allowed to finish the game. :sigh:

The world would probably be much the same ( >_< ) but we'd at least have a TSL with M4-78 in there the way it was intended, and perhaps an ending that wasn't so weak.

I was thinking something more along the lines of world peace, but whatever.

The forum controversy and years of labor you mention are for the mod that was being developed (and abandoned?) by Team Gizka. This mod was made by other people.

I know that it's a different team, but for the most part it's the same content being restored. That's why I was so baffled at the lack of wow factor.

I know that it's a different team, but for the most part it's the same content being restored. That's why I was so baffled at the lack of wow factor.

Well there are actually signifcant differences between the two. Team Gizka did a lot to create an unnecessasry hype and wanted to fix a load of bugs (which is also why they eventually abandoned it).

• 2 weeks later...

re:The Yeti of 66

Perhaps you were expecting some surprise, a secret that had eluded you, something that would change your perspective of events, shatter you to your core? :lol:

Of course it's still the same game. Apart from the very awesome HK factory (which IMO is considerably better in 1.5 than in 1.4, not that it was bad in 1.4) and a few other major points, most of the changes are indeed minor - but significant, the way a single, small, missing gear is significant to the working of a machine. Adding it doesn't radically change the function or purpose of the machine, it just makes it work.

Like how when you enter Malachor, Kreia says that when the Exile enters, "he will be faced with a choice". This made zero sense in the original game, with cut content restored it makes sense.

Like when Sion inexplicably turns from threatening to meek upon Kreia's arrival. The cut content restoration does not expand the scene hugely, it's just a few more words and one event, but it didn't make sense before, it does now.

I do think some of the content was cut for a reason and restoring it does not necessarily improve the game - in some cases, makes it worse, like the Atris music during the first meeting (thank god that's gone again). And the big Kreia monologue on Dantooine is maybe too long now? But the mod's still very much worth it.

Damn it, seeing Goto die is reason enough to get the mod. I so hated that annoying thing.

Edited by Markus Ramikin

• 1 month later...

Well, 1.6 is out, get it on deadlystream. >_<

Also grab the little hotfix while you're there, wouldn't want to get stuck on NS now, do we?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Well, 1.6 is out, get it on deadlystream. :p

Also grab the little hotfix while you're there, wouldn't want to get stuck on NS now, do we?

Just two notes:

A) You don't need the previous builds (1.5 and earlier) to use TSLRCM. It is a standalone mod.

B) The compatibility fix for USM that's up their right now is only for the 1.5 build.

When one is created for the 1.6 build, it should clearly state that as part of it's title.

• 3 months later...

1.7 is here, for those interested...

http://www.deadlystream.com/forum/showthread.php?t=240

You can also find a compatibility mod for use with USM now...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Ooh, some day i will try it again.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

262_HK_Factory.

Put it on 1.

^

What? :)

*doesn't understand the question*

^

262_HK_Factory.

Put it on 1.

OK, thanks a lot, I was kicking myself I missed the biggest part of the mod. Dinner, I think your question has to do with the Droid Factory being always available. It's wasn't meant to be, you have to unlock it by

talking to HK-47 about the Sith that have been hunting you, and then killing 3 sets of HK-50's (so you have to be early enough in the game that it's still possible.

Failing all that, you can just set the flag using the console.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan