Best game themes

Purkake

This is the theme to the ultimate video game: Life.

Or maybe this.

Edited by theslug

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Afterburner theme in Bayonnetta. Awesome sauce.

Makes you wonder if Alpha Protocol would pull something similar like this.

What the heck did I just watch? O.O

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Oh come on. Someone else here played this, right? This game was just fantastic.

Also Shadow of the Colossus had the best soundtrack ever created.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Oh come on. Someone else here played this, right? This game was just fantastic.

Way better than Starcraft, too.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Pft it is, less tactics and the battles could get pretty epic - also the music was far far superior. Also, I forgot this Outlaws Theme

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Dragon Age's main theme and the camp theme especially.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Hey, no cheating. That's not a game theme and it's way too awesome for this thread.

Yes, but my point was that there is something similar in the end theme Purk posted and in Ecstasy of Gold. But to appease the gods I will add some game music:

• 8 months later...

Company of Heroes main theme

Plus the ideologically disturbing but stirring Panzer Theme

Not the sort of stuff you'll listen to chilling out with a glass of Chablis to, but utterly compelling in-game.

sonsofgygax.JPG