Exercise

Walsingham

That's what my brother suggested; not sure what to pros vs cons of the modified pushup is though.
If the problem is with your toe and not your ankle, you could try

edit: @Gfted1: I don't care if there's hair somewhere near her areola...

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Muscular women are hot.

That's what my brother suggested; not sure what to pros vs cons of the modified pushup is though.

They're easier so you have to do more of them to get similar results. They're not as impressive as regular push-ups, and your knees can get burned as there's nothing covering them.

I've seen women doing pushups from the knee. And I don't mean in clubs in Amsterdam. However, I also heard those same women saying the pushups could be really bad for your back.

It's only bad for your back if you let your spine sag. Proper positioning and it's not different from a regular push-up.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Was quite chuffed with my run. Kept my head up, and some power into the down swing, unlike my typical slight shamble. I figure I'd better begin as I mean to end.

Massively let down on the upper body stuff tho. My arms quit working by pushup 30, and I only made it to 39. Wait, hang on... ROLMAO my total IS 39! :lol: I got confused and thought it was 49 for some reason.

Situp failed again, tho. Definitely. Only managed 57. Ran out of time rather than puff.

Still, not so bad. At least I went out and did it. Getting out the door is 90% of the battle.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Woohoo, I just finished the phase 2 regime. Although I never figured out how to do the one legged squat, so I improvised with a two legged one instead, but in much higher doses. I think it worked because my thighs are burning.

Also, I started without reading the instructions carefully enough, so now I have 53 push ups in two minutes as my best push up count. Getting there.

Edit: Took out a Freudian slip.

Edited by mkreku

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Hopefully this doesn't get the thread too far off track, but...

I used to enjoy doing situps/pushups as a part of my exercise routine, but after I broke my ankle, I find it impossible to get into proper position for pushups due to a certain immobility of one of my toes also injured in the fall.

Does anyone know of some way to modify pushups so as to get their benefit without necessarily putting the same kind of toe mobility requirements on it? Putting all the pressure on one foot isn't the way to go.

Given that I'm now at the heaviest I've ever been, I really need to get back into a routine but I'm a bit stumped on this one.

Can you rest your ankle on a bench while doing pushups normally. You will be at a little bit of a negative incline, but that way they wont be to easy like they would be on your knees. If you dont like that you could always just bench press.

Woohoo, I just finished the phase 2 regime. Although I never figured out how to do the one legged squat, so I improvised with a two legged one instead, but in much higher doses. I think it worked because my thighs are burning.

Also, I started without reading the instructions carefully enough, so now I have 53 push ups in two minutes as my best push up count. Getting there.

:) I feel the same way about my bloody situps. I must have been having a very good day or something.

I'm still concerned about not making enough progress on the situps and pushups, so I'm going to do a few lifts and crunches today, on the sly in small doses to convince the relevant muscles I mean business.

Tomorrow's exercise is quite tame, but we have a good milling on Thursday to look forward to.

WEDNESDAY phase 1:

20-30 mins brisk walk _OR_ 15-20 mins cycling, rowing, or swimming.

WEDNESDAY phase 2:

brisk walk for 30-40 minutes _OR_ 15-20 mins cycling, rowing, or swimming [presumably by your stage you're expected to swim faster or something]

I intend to do the walk, which is a bit of a copout, since I always walk at least 30 minutes a day up and down a bloody great hill.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Guest The Architect

Here at home I have a bunch of weight plates from a barbell I used to use, my question is, if I put the weight plates and a couple of jumpers in a large backpack so the jumpers don't thud against my back and I do elevated push ups with feet on the bed with the backpack on, would this be a good replacement exercise for the bench press? Or would it be dangerous to do something like that and have no decent back exercise to do because I don't have a pull-up bar?

I don't like weighted pushups. But that's just me, my right shoulder likes to act up, and if I don't place my shoulder blades in a "lock" before pressing, my shoulder feels it. Rule of thumb goes, try it - if it hurts, don't do it. If you can manage to get the weight not to move at all while you do the exercise, you should be fine. Just watch your form, don't allow your lower back to relax.

What are you asking about back exercises for? Anyway, if you have a barbell: if you wanna grow, you gotta row.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I have added this to my lazy schedule.

Soon I won't be lazy and doing more things >_<

Get with the program, you daft bugger. This regime is designed to take you from nowhere.

-Elwood Blues

I have decided to not strictly follow your regime >_<

But as I start working out, I slowly go "I should do more" and next thing you know, I'm doing full effective exercises and am back in shape :lol:

If you reckon that's what you'll do, then fair enough. I on the other hand have tried that approach and got nowhere. You do too little mostly, then do too much in a short burst, hate it, and go back to doing nothing.

-Elwood Blues

I've done it before.

I actually enjoy working out. I usually have something happen (like school or work) that tends to interfere then I get out of the routine. Then it's easy to convince yourself you don't have the time...while you sit there playing Empire: Total War for 2 hours >.>

Muscular women are hot.

Ewww.

I have to exercise to stay in shape and keep my hot MILF body perfect. Riding bikes and walking along the trails near where I live is my daily exercise.

Edited by Dark_Raven

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

I gave up the notion of being toned ages ago. I am a good cook, and I like the taste and social cachet of ale. I weighed up the notion of bagging someone very slightly hotter than I usually do and decided there was neither a requirement or any honour in doing so. The only woman I'm prepared to compromise the above for is HM Queen Elizabeth II.

Continuing this line of thinking, am I the only bloke here who wants to see a girl's FACE before deciding she's hot? No offence mkreku, but yon lass could be damp-eyed and flaring nostriled, or have a habit of biting through crisp packets.

-Elwood Blues

Continuing this line of thinking, am I the only bloke here who wants to see a girl's FACE before deciding she's hot? No offence mkreku, but yon lass could be damp-eyed and flaring nostriled, or have a habit of biting through crisp packets.

None taken. The picture provided was deliberately cut because this girl is extremely Internet-shy. She barely exist online and she hates when I take pictures of her.

.... have a habit of biting through crisp packets.

Howw is that not a positive? :ermm:

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

.... have a habit of biting through crisp packets.

Howw is that not a positive? :ermm:

I was trying to think of something unusual and wrong. Just you try it. It's bloody weird and difficult and unpleasant.

I figured she might be shy, mkreku. I just like to raise these issues for the benefit of the younger chaps on the boards who may not know any better.

-Elwood Blues

phase 1:

1 min walk, 3 min run, for 29 mins

2 x pressup max

2x6 dorsakl raises

2x6 tricep dips

2x situp max

~~

Phase 2 people:

steady run for 20 mins

3x pressups max

3x 10 lunges

3x 8 dorsal raises

~~~

All sets as usual with 30-90 secs rest.

-Elwood Blues

Well that was hardly impressive o:)

Good points:

I went, which given how much I drank last night is no mean feat. I also ran a substantial portion uphill.

Bad points:

I shambled a lot of the run, and got stuck in traffic for two whole minutes, unable to cross the road because of all the bastards in cars refusing to let me across from the median. Also, I don't see the sense in suddenly doubling the pressups and situps. I managed the target quite well on the first sets, and then only got half-way on the second set before running out of time.

Basically I tried, and have decided to feel pleased with that, and the knowledge that my guts and arms ache so I must have done well.

Oh yes, and the dorsal raises and tricep dips were incredibly easy.

-Elwood Blues

I went to the gym instead today.. I might do some of these when I get back home though. Going to a friend to play some crappy Wii game.

Like mkreku I'm beginning to wonder if I shouldn't have tried so hard in my tests to start with. :)

-Elwood Blues