The 5870 is here..

mkreku

How can a new product be deactivated already? I was going to get this but I guess I won't now. :)

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Its back and not in stock of course. They need to get it together. WTF is the deal with all of these 5870 cards being out of stock?

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

Its back and not in stock of course. They need to get it together. WTF is the deal with all of these 5870 cards being out of stock?

Demand is high and TSMC is again having yield problems, which sucks for both ATi and Nvidia.

One of these days we might get some 5870s back in stock. Didn't have this problem when they first came out, when I ordered that Saphirre card.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

They are completely sold out in Sweden. They haven't had stock for months, and everytime they DO get a shipment, the backorders are so big they never end up in the stores.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I'm about ready to get two 4890s and call it good.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

• 2 weeks later...

It sure would be nice if ATI would start mass producing more 5870's. I never should have RMA that card I had, now I can't get any from Newegg because they are always out.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

My patience has ended. I ordered two 4890s yesterday. Screw the wait on 5870s.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

Hehe, you should have waited juuust a little bit longer: the 5970 is here!

It absolutely crushes everything on the market today, including the Nvidia Geforce 295 GTX. But the most fantastic thing is that it only consumes 42W when not in gaming mode! 300W when at full blast..

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/features/...rformance_champ

And yet I can still run everything maxed out just fine with a GTX260. This is insane.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

They can keep it. No way in hell am I spending 600 on a piece of technology that won't be worth that in 6 months. Nice of Newegg boosting the prices of the 5870's by ten dollars. I'll stick with the 4890's until prices drop into the 200's. DX11 is not a big deal since there are no games coming out that I want that use it.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

And yet I can still run everything maxed out just fine with a GTX260. This is insane.

Ditto.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

• 1 month later...

Oh yeah, I got my 5870, finally. But that's not the reason I'm posting today:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/18/nvidia-...tails-revealed/

Nvidia has released more details about the Fermi. It's going to be a monster.

Well.. I've got the 4850 (too) for over a year now and I'm currently waiting for Nvidia to pull their act together.. (and TSMC to start delivering in droves).. Not because I want to buy any of their craphics, but because I want to buy ATi cheaper. Not really an optimist, but I was still expecting the 5850 to go for or decline to about the same price as 4850 did, when it was released.. And it's still almost double that. The 5870 cost about as much as the 4870x2 used to.. I guess the next logical step in a row would be the 5770, but I promised myself a long time ago never to return to 128bit, besides 5770 is too much of a marginally win/loss in comparison and that's just pointless. I still doubt whether I can rely on my rock stable Enermax Noisetaker II 485W to deliver what the 5850 needs, I'm just kinda lost in different sheets of 5850 consumption.. in the worst case scenario I'll just have to idle my way through any of ATi's top models.. :verymad:

(Signatures: disabled) 

I want me a Fermi... Or three... Or seven...

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS