What are you playing now?

Pidesco

Those that know, know.

Those that do not know.... will know soon enough :ninja:

(AAR = After Action Report .... Basically a play-by-play recount of what you've done in the game...often used by geeks talking about a war game)

(WITP AE = War in the Pacific - Admiral Edition .... A game about the Pacific War in WW2)

Oh? What are you doing with the website?

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

It's a simple, functionalist approach of setting up the website (with me mostly getting sidetracked playing around with .php - curse my programming background).

I'm mostly just using it as a medium to allow me to go rather.... excessive with pictures and youtube embeddings which the gracious hosts at Obsidian Entertainment forums understandably place limits on me doing :ninja:

I'm just putzing around with Dreamweaver so that the website doesn't look like complete ass. Though I assure you, it WILL look amateur. So you don't need to worry about that :p. I don't have much time to really make it look nice, but with today being a rare day that I don't need to be at work late, I figured I'd get some time in with working on it.

I had created threads in the past about my exploits in the games and people seemed to enjoy reading them, so it's mostly just for that. Fionavar gave me permission to post quick synopses with links here, so (hopefully) you'll get some info on it there.

Given my budget for gaming is about to fall to 0, a game like WITP (which can take a very long time to complete in its entirety) will occupy me for a long time.

Edited by alanschu

I've just purchased FIFA '10, after spending a few hours at work reading through pages and pages of comparisons between the soon-to-come PES 2010. I've been a PES man even with '08 and '09 (though they were both pretty poor), FIFA's always seemed so fast-paced and everything seemed to be over in one arcadey swoosh before I knew what was going on. I'm an offline, normal league player, or the enticement of better online and hugely improved master league for PES might have kept me, but what I really want is good dribbling / passing mechanics and smart, challenging AI, and apparently FIFA edges on that.

ebgames in NZ still has a 7-day guarantee, though, so we'll see. Also bought a logitech PC controller that costs more than half the game itself, broke the last one after a couple fo years of abusive play.

Now my gaming budget is going down the drain, Risen, Football Manager 2010 and Dragon Age will all have to compete for my money... unless my scholarships come through. Heh.

trying to salvage my economy and hold off the austrians while I beat up the turks in Empire.

then I got stopped dead because as I logged in today it turns out the expansion is active (and there's a 50% off deal on it on steam).

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

At this moment i play Final Fantasy V and Final Fantasy Dissidia... I would not believe, that i could have so much fun with such kind of o game :sorcerer:... and what i do like best, it is hard as **** for me... so finaly i found some game where i dont feel totaly overpowered compared to AI, and dont breeze through it in less than 8 hours on max difficulty...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I'm playing "Finish building my hack of a website so that I can start my gigantic AAR of WITP AE"
Awesome. AARs are like "what are you playing now?" on steroids. Are you going to allow comments directly or will you create a thread here?

Getting close to finishing my current game of EUIII. Stupid colonies are getting restless. Time for Byzantine Interior Ministry troops to march all over those silly "Founding Fathers" :sorcerer:
=]

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

trying to salvage my economy and hold off the austrians while I beat up the turks in Empire.

then I got stopped dead because as I logged in today it turns out the expansion is active (and there's a 50% off deal on it on steam).

Aren't you the Austrians? :p

Aren't you the Austrians? :p

I hate this, I should just be Sweden again

Honestly, who was the brain dead ****tard who came up with DoW's patching system?

Don't they hand out patches in a bit torrent anymore?

Honestly, who was the brain dead ****tard who came up with DoW's patching system?

Don't they hand out patches in a bit torrent anymore?

The problem is the patch installer, not the distribution. I start it and it just freezes instead of telling me what it doesn't like in my copy. My guess would be language version difference (english/international), but I've no idea if that's the problem.

Uuuh, you have to copy the patch to the game folder first, thanks for ****ing telling.

Edited by Oner

After quitting WoW I have mostly been playing Go. I got my first win against computer on 19x19 board today. It was with 5 stone handicap, but it still made me proud of myself.

Yeah, I just out nerded you all.

n00bs

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Benn raiding. The reborn Onyxia has been good to me, giving my warrior her dps helm from the lower ranked version (10 man) and the tanking helm (Best in slot for what I"m doing) from the 25 version. Of course this also means I get to run around looking like I'm a can opener if I've got my helmet showing.

Nightelf-wrath.jpg

The thing that's on her head is the model that I'm wearing right now.

My DK I decided to respec to unholy meaning that I'm "taking one for the team" and doing less damage myself in favor of giving our casters a MASSIVE damage buff (one of my abilities allows magic to do 16% more damage on the target I've got my diseases on), as well as any other dks in the raid (diseases do an extra 30% damage, which will rock even more with my 4 piece bonus for tier 9).

I've also been squealing like a little girl at the prospect of the Icecrown Raid. Details announced thus far (including a developer preview) has us beating down the front door and getting to a courtyard before we bump into the opposing faction, where the fight promtply takes to the air. Not many details yet but it sounds like we might have to have a "defense" and "boarding" team to get onto the other teams airship and knock it out of the sky. Also signs point to raid reputations returning (like the Violet eye or the scale of the sands from BC) with the Knights of the Ebon Blade and the Argent Crusade uniting within the dungeon to form a different faction.

Anyway, I just had to get this stuff out there.

iDevices... :lol:

I have an iPod Touch, but I don't really like buying stuff from the app store. There are some nice free apps, though.

I spend waaay too much money on games for my iPhone. There are just too many fun game out, but if you don't want to buy, there's a lite version of the edge.

Just started Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising.

First brief impression:

A courgeous game that is only a pale image of Arma 2 and the original Flashpoint while still beating all those sundaytubeshooterCoDs. So far not as bad as some people predicted, but time will tell.

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

Playing the demo of ArmA 2 completely turned me off of the game.

When the training mission involves the AI "combat training" guys to start attacking me when I'm not even at that point of the tutorial yet, including shooting and killing my CO for the tutorial, I grow very cautious of the game.