Money/Power vs. Appearance - Which is really the most shallow?

Kaftan Barlast

You might as well ask if attraction in general is shallow.. Nothing wrong with women being attracted to successful/rich men, as they have proven, from a biological standpoint, that they are capable of supplying for themselves and a family.

Nothing wrong with men being attracted to beauty either, as that signifies good genes (which is why we find them attractive to begin with).

It's all biology baby, nothing shallow about it.

Looking healthy signifies good genes 'beauty' is a cultural and social construct entirely unrelated. Plenty of examples of beauty ideals that are unhealthy.

One

Another

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

To be clear, I believe a lot of the reason why models are so skinny isn't necessarily because we consider that to be teh sexy, but because it's easy to make clothes for living coat hangers.

Add in some curves and then you have to do a lot more effort in order to make the clothes look good.

I heard this from a woman, that wasn't a model, so go figure.

Must we always have this... Im not gay, ok? I kind of thought these threads would have proved that by now. Im not the type of guy, who is gay, its as simple as that. Im as straight as a reasonably straight object, like a stick or a garden hose.

Its just like when you pick up a hot prostitute that turns out to be a man, its just deceitful and mean behaviour.

Or it's hilarious!

I am willing to agree that under the right circumstances, hillarity would ensue.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I think Kaftan is worried, him being a game designer and all, that women only wants to have his babies because of his wealth and influence, hence the recent threads :ermm:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Must we always have this... Im not gay, ok? I kind of thought these threads would have proved that by now. Im not the type of guy, who is gay, its as simple as that. Im as straight as a reasonably straight object, like a stick or a garden hose.

3289703508_c195bfbb85.jpg

istockphoto_5922351-messed-up-garden-hose.jpg

We understand.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I think Kaftan is worried, him being a game designer and all, that women only wants to have his babies because of his wealth and influence, hence the recent threads :ermm:

I just hold out hope that the inherent geekiness is appealing to some aesthetically pleasing, and financially secure, woman :ermm:

A wealthy partner will provide a comfortable life for you personally...

Depends on the partner. In my experience, generally the wealthy partner wants you to be more than what you are now. They want you to be 'successful' in some way and want to show you off to their wealthy friends. The partner may help you be successful which means 'work'. And when I say work, you are expected to work hard to be successful. No laying back and taking it easy, playing computer games, reading comic books or other 'kids' stuff. If you read something, it's got to be something about business. If you're surfing the internet, it's got to be something about business. etc. That's why you generally see rich people go out with other rich people.

Actually, I meant talk about getting dumped for a rich/powerful dude or something.

But, you can talk about that too if it troubles you so much.

(photos of impossibly crooked objects)

Thats a branch, not a stick. And that garden hose has obviously been tampered with.

... Also, try to keep the misogygny on an entertaining level...

Exactly what level of misogyny do you find entertaining... hmmm?

When is a goat the most goat it can be? Its tricky since it largely depends on circumstance, add also that it can be entertaining both when used with subtlelty as well as when its blatantly displayed. As the pope said "I dont know much about X, but I know what I like".

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Well, not the pope... a pope.

After much reflection (mostly on these fora) I have decided I treat my choice of partners the way a Victorian explorer treats foreign countries. I like variety, and in my time I've gone for looks, personality, intellect, insanity, being a nurse, being a trained killer etc etc.

I think most people, male an female treat partnering like trading for a carpet. They sort of weigh up what they've got and seek out someone slightly better than themselves. Maybe that's sensible, and maybe I'm being adversely brainwashed by LoF, but don't you think that's rather a revolting notion? That one, and the object of one's love should be weighed like a pound of flour, or an ipod? Love ought to be more than a calculation, surely, if it is to be worthy of the name?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

All lies. In truth I was just having a cup of coffee and came up with a brilliant argument if there ever was a thread about this, so I started a thread about it. Pure genius.

You mean a stakeout question?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.