So Fallout 3

ramza

By level 20 I was literally encountering only Deathclaws, Giant Radscorpions and Super Mutant Masters. It's a bit annoying.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

By level 20 I was literally encountering only Deathclaws, Giant Radscorpions and Super Mutant Masters. It's a bit annoying.

Ouch! I really hate Super mutants! I am going for head shots but it doesn't always work...

As for scorpions, I am using my Chinese sword and it works great!

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

A greater variety of enemies would have been nice. Non-humans, that is.

The human enemies have a pretty decent variety.

Actually most of the non human enemies are pretty dull. Yao Guai are about the only ones with any sort of personality.

Why is the bloatfly even in the game? Talk about wasting development time.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Why is the bloatfly even in the game? Talk about wasting development time.
Everyone knows I exist and mad it their mission to make me vomit, and the easiest way is a big, disgusting insect.

Its not even that disgusting, though. And it just spits something at you.

It would have been much cooler if it tried to land on your face and lay eggs ion your eyes or something and left this wet acid goo on your skin. Now that would be worth something.

Personality is important for enemies.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

The bloat flies make good target practice with the mouse, radscorpions and mole rats are just annoying. Radroaches you can just ignore. Anyway there should definitely have been more than a handful of different wildlife encounters, and they needn't all have been hostile.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I think Fallout 3 is one of those games that feels a lot better when you are playing it than when you are thinking about it. Other games like this that I can think of from the top of my head are Jade Empire and Icewind Dale, at least.

On the other hand, it's the only game ever that i've had way more fun discussing than actually playing.

I think Fallout 3 is one of those games that feels a lot better when you are playing it than when you are thinking about it. Other games like this that I can think of from the top of my head are Jade Empire and Icewind Dale, at least.

On the other hand, it's the only game ever that i've had way more fun discussing than actually playing.

YMMV :)

I grabbed broken steel and operation anchorage over the past week, but didn't have the time (or really inclination) to play any further than load up my old final save and go through the 'rebirth'. Don't think I'll be picking up other DLC, maybe point lookout, but I'll probably skip the other two.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Personality is important for enemies.

I like the Sentry bots & Mister Gutsy's.

With these around patrolling the wasteland, I can believe there's not much 'wildlife' left.

I agree. The bots were pretty well done. I would have like to see the Protrectron's made a bit stronger. It doesn't take much more than a good sneeze to put one of those down, which seems kind of silly for something called a Protrectron.

The Pitts is the best adon imho it feels very fallouty. Broken steel is just more combat and more levels. I feel like i did that already. Point lookout is not very coherent, but pretty fun the first time around.

If you remove the ingot hunt and the time spent walking across all those catwalks, the total play time for the Pitt is about 7 minutes. That's pretty lame.

I agree. The bots were pretty well done. I would have like to see the Protrectron's made a bit stronger. It doesn't take much more than a good sneeze to put one of those down, which seems kind of silly for something called a Protrectron.
One still managed to kill a BoS Outcast from a squad of three when I played.

One still managed to kill a BoS Outcast from a squad of three when I played.

lol. Awesome. The Outcast must have been previously wounded though. No way a Protrectron kills an outcast 1 on 3.

Isn't Protectron supposed to be a civilian model? It would make sense for it not to be build for withstanding multiple plasma hits. Kinda like mall cops:)

If you remove the ingot hunt and the time spent walking across all those catwalks, the total play time for the Pitt is about 7 minutes. That's pretty lame.

Yeah, it's short, but it's very atmospheric, most fallouty location after Paradise Falls, IMO

Edited by vault_overseer

It went like this: the BoS guys go in a straight line, then suddenly a laser beam flies past me. They spot the threat and start running towards the robot (it stood on a slope above us). The first guy blocks the other two, but refuses to shoot (dunno why). When he died, the others shredded the protectron.

Isn't Protectron supposed to be a civilian model? It would make sense for it not to be build for withstanding multiple plasma hits. Kinda like mall cops:)

They show up a lot in security positions, so I would rate them higher than a civilian guard. I'm not saying they should be awesome combat engines, especially since I think part of the humor is that they are so poor, but it would be nice bumping up their hit points and damage output a bit.

There's a big jump in threat from a Protrectron to a Robobrain, maybe just close that gap a little bit.

It went like this: the BoS guys go in a straight line, then suddenly a laser beam flies past me. They spot the threat and start running towards the robot (it stood on a slope above us). The first guy blocks the other two, but refuses to shoot (dunno why). When he died, the others shredded the protectron.

FO3 AI ftw!

My favourite was when a trailing raider fired that rocket at me...right into the back of his buddy :lol:

I love the raiders. They always crack me up.

i know I'm on a high difficulty setting, and am replaying at low level, but am I the only person who spends a lot of time running away from things?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

i know I'm on a high difficulty setting, and am replaying at low level, but am I the only person who spends a lot of time running away from things?

the first 4 levels or so i was like that too. once i got to level 5 it got a tad easier, and by level 11 i was no longer scared of just about anything except behemoths (because i modded the fat man out of my game).

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

They show up a lot in security positions, so I would rate them higher than a civilian guard. I'm not saying they should be awesome combat engines, especially since I think part of the humor is that they are so poor, but it would be nice bumping up their hit points and damage output a bit.

There's a big jump in threat from a Protrectron to a Robobrain, maybe just close that gap a little bit.

I think it's mostly because they were used in civilian environments - subways, Super Duper Mart, factories etc. hence their lasers aren't really set to kill but merely cause some burns.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.