So Fallout 3

ramza

Now Deus Ex was a plotline to enjoy, that kind of intrigue in a FOblivion 3 type setting would be my perfect game.

Sorry but cyberpunk > post-apocalypse.

Change! Combine! POSTCYBERPOCAYPSEPUNK TO THE RESCUE!

Change! Combine! POSTCYBERPOCAYPSEPUNK TO THE RESCUE!

Surely you don't mean THE post-cyberpocalypse?

I still have to beat that game, damn no-checkpoint-at-the-and-of-the-sewer-for-you-then-make-a-love-letter!

You must finish it, it's super special awesome. Then you can listen to the Squadron of Shame podcast on it to grasp the full awesomeness that is Tales of Game's Studios Presents Chef Boyardee's Barkley, Shut Up & Jam: Gaiden, Chapter 1 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa.

Remember, you either slam with the best or jam with the rest.

Edited by Purkake

You must finish it, it's super special awesome. Then you can listen to the Squadron of Shame podcast on it to grasp the full awesomeness that is Tales of Game's Studios Presents Chef Boyardee's Barkley, Shut Up & Jam: Gaiden, Chapter 1 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa.

Remember, you either slam with the best or jam with the rest.

Thanks, I was looking for this song.

But aren't all the "high level" perks overpowered and stupid? What's the point of leveling up after 20? It's not like it's an MMO.

Fanbois were crying about the ending & the level cap, so evil Bethesda kindly catered to them.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Plus its boring if you are maxed out and not even half way through the game yet. Its like whats the point of going on?

That's true, but there are games where leveling up is pretty much just tedious. I think it has something to do with the general challenge level of the game and the awesomeness of stuff you get when leveling up.

It got pretty old after a while in Mass Effect, but in BG and FO1/2 you always NEEDED that level/perk YESTERDAY.

Edited by Purkake

Plus its boring if you are maxed out and not even half way through the game yet. Its like whats the point of going on?

That's true, but there are games where leveling up is pretty much just tedious. I think it has something to do with the general challenge level of the game and the awesomeness of stuff you get when leveling up.

Luckily Bethesda had a stroke of genius that made XP gaining in FO3 always rewarding: the ka-ching!! sound.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Luckily Bethesda had a stroke of genius that made XP gaining in FO3 always rewarding: the ka-ching!! sound.

Thank gawd for mods.

After taking a hate-filled 6 months break from Fallout 3(Well, i did play through Broken Steel), I reinstalled it on my 360 and started playing it again. Oh yeah, got the last two expansions too.

Well, since my hate has subdued a lot within last 2-3 months, I actually started enjoying the damn thing more than ever before. Environments are, after all, really ****ing nice and walking through the downtown DC can be pretty haunting.

So now, I'm looking to finish up all of the quests I haven't finish in this playthrough and heading over to point lookout. The space ship is still pretty retarded from what I understand, yeah?

The space ship is still pretty retarded from what I understand, yeah?

That's the one DLC I haven't purchased and have no intention of doing so.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Why were you hating it at one point?

The story and the [intelligence] dialogs mostly. Well, some things in the game just didn't make sense, especially the notion that it's been 200 years since the war, because it definitely didn't look like it. All of the old factions didn't seem right - BOS, Enclave. The fact that, while the world felt pretty dangerous, there was still plenty of PA just laying around and people didn't seem to stick together much - none of the settlements seemed really believable(especially megaton - there is a church, but no trading hub/market???)

I can keep going, but the idea is that once I managed to get all of these annoyances behind me(wasn't easy with the big ones), the game became pretty decent FWIW. Or maybe, quoting Ben Croshaw: "It is the game that finally made me lower my standards and I hope it's ****ing happy"

Edited by vault_overseer