Witcher 2 'leaked' video

Maria Caliban

I don't get the problem you guys had with alchemy. Basically you need a little bit of this and a little bit of that, then press the make potion button, presto potion created.

If you pick up a little bit of everything lying around you won't hardly want for ingredients.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

The Enhanced Edition was a good thing for alchemy, thanks to the divided inventory and auto-sort.

At my second play-through, I was tired of having all that alcohol, so I always made White Gull potions from the alcohol and used that nice mod to stack more items in one slot.

Something really annoying with alchemy was the secondary effect thing, there was no way to automatize that, and the inventory didn't sort it right. You had to take every ingredient one by one and put them in the slots.

Also the game is too easy even for today's standards, the combat gives you no challenge at all, I hope they will fix it in the second game.

I generally agree, although a couple fights are insanely tough while 99% of the general combat is pretty easy, even on hard.

I thought the alchemy system was pretty fun, I wish it had been more complex though. Foe example it would have been nice if a really expensive ingredient like Fith Essence made a better potion than a cheapo ingredient that provides the same essential substances

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Something really annoying with alchemy was the secondary effect thing, there was no way to automatize that, and the inventory didn't sort it right. You had to take every ingredient one by one and put them in the slots.

I just lined up all my ingredients by essential substance alphabetically. That way I always knew what I had and where to look for what I needed. It was pretty straightforward.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

The Witcher was the best thing that happened to RPG's since, Baldurs Gate II. Yes it was flawed as hell, but it had soul, the effort put into it shined thorought the game - and a total disregard for political correctness.

That said, the first thing I noted when I finished playing The Witcher is that the fixed character is an idea with limited appeal. It might slide with the second game but by the time that's over it will be time for a change if the witcher is still an RPG by that time, and doesn't degenerate into a third person action game (I HATE quicktime events glaargh) .

Everything looks nice in the video but the story, dialog and characters are what counts in the end, and I'd reserve any judgment until hey show us some more of it.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Well, "story, dialog and characters" was exactly what lacked so much behind in TW.

I didn't played english version, But in Polish the dialogs were fantastic.

But as far as I know, it is one of the reasons that CDProjekt is looking for a new Publisher,

because they weren't satisfied how Atari handled the translation.

Well, "story, dialog and characters" was exactly what lacked so much behind in TW.

But as far as I know, it is one of the reasons that CDProjekt is looking for a new Publisher,

It wasn't so much the voice actors that I didn't like (well maybe a bit), but more the text and dialogs that I felt were flat.

Did CD Project made only the Polish version internally? In that case, I'd believe you then. Perhaps Atari screwed it up.

Edited by Morgoth

It wasn't so much the voice actors that I didn't like (well maybe a bit), but more the text and dialogs that I felt were flat.

Did CD Project made only the Polish version internally? In that case, I'd believe you then. Perhaps Atari screwed it up.

I only heard that this is the reason why they have abandoned Atari. Don't know the details.

Either way, they should hire professional english writer to improve the translation, I hope this will be the case for the sequel.

By the way CDProjekt just confirmed that the game is no longer based on aurora.

It's their own engine now, it's name will be revealed along with the official anouncement.

We should expect this to happen soon though.

Other than the QTE (which you can keep), I'm looking forward tos ee how it all plays out.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

TW2 now has a Gamespot preview.

We all know it's going to be more of the same, just (hopefully) better - fine with me. Screenshots look pretty nice.

The Witcher 2's combat system, which will no longer require the timed input of the original game and will instead be much more open-ended. The current, early version of the game lets you freely attack with your sword or perform an evasive roll in any direction--or smoothly transition from the former to the latter.

Sounds good, TW1 combat was a bit too simple. I don't mind what they're doing with 'arcade-y' combat, as long as it's done well.

Like the previous game, The Witcher 2 will use a "timed dialogue" system that will offer you various responses to give in conversation but will default to a standard response if you don't choose an alternate thing to say.

Like the previous game, right. Good to see Gamespot is still as crap as ever.

Instead, throughout The Witcher 2, Geralt can pursue relationships with various female characters through dialogue options and the occasional gift to unlock an ongoing cinematic sequence.

Sounds like, uh, every other romance out there. Meh. I'll be ignoring them anyway.

The only fun mini game in years, the Collectible Card Game, is gone. Does that mean I have to grow up? :(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Some info appears here and there on RPG sites and The Witcher's forums.

(from Dagon on RPGWatch):

You will probably want to know that they have finally get rid of those horrible fed ex quests!

The C&Cs, Story and Dialogues are the most important aspects for them this time.

It actually seems that they listened to the fans, and changed what they didn't like.

The graphics are around 60% complete (which hopefully means that geralt's face will be changed). There is reputation system, every npc has his name, thoughts and will react to Geralt in different ways based on Player's decisions.

New dialogue system seems to be inspired by Mass Effect & Alpha Protocol, time based choices, If you aren'y quick enough the system will take the default response which isn't the best one for the player

And yes I am hyped!

The info comes from polish previews .

Also saves will be imported from TW a-l

Some info appears here and there on RPG sites and The Witcher's forums.

(from Dagon on RPGWatch):

You will probably want to know that they have finally get rid of those horrible fed ex quests!

The C&Cs, Story and Dialogues are the most important aspects for them this time.

It actually seems that they listened to the fans, and changed what they didn't like.

The graphics are around 60% complete (which hopefully means that geralt's face will be changed). There is reputation system, every npc has his name, thoughts and will react to Geralt in different ways based on Player's decisions.

New dialogue system seems to be inspired by Mass Effect & Alpha Protocol, time based choices, If you aren'y quick enough the system will take the default response which isn't the best one for the player

And yes I am hyped!

The info comes from polish previews .

Also saves will be imported from TW a-l

sargothsigcopy.jpg

The Boobie cards were incredibly juvenile and pandering, and the worst thing was the game didn't need them. It was a good crpg all on its own. No need for that craass ****.

However, the cards were pretty ignorable amd only a tiny part of the game so who cares.

...Geralt can jump and climb, and...

Great news! Colour me interested again! I think a big part of why I got tired of The Witcher and never finished it (and even now don't feel like doing it) is because it may have had pretty graphics, but it felt as stiff and unnatural as Neverwinter Nights. Climbing and jumping goes a long way for me!

The Boobie cards were incredibly juvenile and pandering...

Perhaps. But I still enjoyed the pixel boobs more than I've ever enjoyed a Bioware romance.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!