Wierd light side/dark side change in party members

Hey fellas, I played this a while ago when it first came out and I remember having this same bug and it drives me crazy! I am using cheats if that matters... it shouldn't. I used cheats in KOTOR 1 and had no problems. What happens is randomly a character in my party will change to dark side or vice versa and I don't know why. I'll just be in a convo with them and their face will turn to a dark side face out of no where. I'd really appreciate help on this and will be glad to give further info if required. Thanks!

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 9/13/2009, 23:35:50

Machine name: COMPUTER

Operating System: Windows Vista

It's related to the cheats - you pushed something pat the limit and that is the result. The only things you could do are try loading an earlier save or editing your companions via the KSE (Kotor Save-game Editor).

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Ok so I restarted my game but without cheats, I actually removed the line "EnableCheats=1" from the game .ini file. I did however use a save game editor and only edited my skills and credits. But at the same point as last time Atton turns to the darkside for no reason. It happens right as we espace Peragus in the beginning. Also now I'm getting a problem with characters talking. When I talked to Kriea about her hand it just skipped to my dialogue options and I never actually heard her speak. Is there like a file I could download or something to help fix this? Btw the game is fully updated. Thanks.

I would not go above 25-30 myself, no point really, but you should be able to go to 50 without issue if I remember correctly. That is if we are talking about things like stealth and repair - otherwise stick to numbers below 20 for the main stats -strength, dexterity, etc.- to be safe. :closed:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

• 2 weeks later...