Planescape: Torment Topic

Craigboy2

Talk about Planescape! If this is not the right place to discuss this than please link me to the proper planescape fan forum or whatever you want to call it. Made some CD covers awhile back, might be of interest for the proper people. First is true to the original box cover, second to the in-game model.

coverwork2232copy.png

coverwork2237copy.png

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

thanks for sharing :( I still have the first 4 CD release of PS:T in my collection :)

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

What is this Planetscape game you speak of?

I'm tired!

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

I'm sure there's an actual forum for PST somewhere like Gamebanshee or Spellhold Studios.

Torment was pretty sweet, but it's also a relic of a time long gone, a better time. A time when I was but a bright-eyed kid with a world of possibilities in front of me, now I'm just another jaded fan reminiscing about past glory.

Edited by Purkake

PS: T has by far the best storyline in a video game ever, nothing will surpass it.

It's ironic, all this talk of "game plots are getting better and deeper and soon, they might surpass even books!" that gets thrown around a lot these days. The best plot was already created, and the vast majority have never even heard of it.

Edited by Syraxis

PS: T has by far the best storyline in a video game ever, nothing will surpass it.

It's ironic, all this talk of "game plots are getting better and deeper and soon, they might surpass even books!" that gets thrown around a lot these days. The best plot was already created, and the vast majority have never even heard of it.

It is a different era, a new generation of gamers with their own favorite games, platforms and opinions.

That's just how things go.

There might be a Halo forum with a similar thread mulling over the awesomeness of Halo 1's plot and condemning the sequels. You might say that they are wrong, but they might say the same about you.

There might be a Halo forum with a similar thread mulling over the awesomeness of Halo 1's plot and condemning the sequels. You might say that they are wrong, but they might say the same about you.

Or TLJ & Dreamfall forums... :)

If Tornquist manages to somehow tie all loose ends together, it will be the awesomest story ever.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

It's ironic, all this talk of "game plots are getting better and deeper and soon, they might surpass even books!" that gets thrown around a lot these days.

Who says that? 12 year old kids who are playing Oblivion?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Christ. It's been ten years, hasn't it. I remember the first time I brought it home and installed it.

It's truly a wonder that Torment ever got made if you think about it. It seems to me a game designed for a few true fans and not to maximize sales. I mean just look at that cover. No casual gamer with no prior knowledge of the game is going to pick that up instead of Freespace 2, Half-Life, or...(shudder) Everquest. No casual gamer is going to even get through the mortuary, wandering confused through tables of dissected corpses reading pages and pages of macabre dialogue, before asking for his money back. Torment is a game that knows what it wants to be and doesn't give up a thing be it. I haven't played anything quite like it since.

Incidentally I seem to remember seeing a novelization of it in Barnes and Noble those same ten years ago. What was up with that?

There's an actual novelization of mostly in-game dialogue floating around somewhere, the printed one was crap AFAIK.

EDIT: For example here

Would this happen to be it?

http://www.wischik.com/lu/senses/pst-book.html

Is that the one where the Nameless One is given a name? Was based on pre-final release material IIRC.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

I awoke, on a slab, in what was obviously a mortuary. As I levered myself up, I caught movement from the corner of my eye. A floating skull. No, I realized as it spoke: a floating, talking, skull.

Oh god that is horrible writing.

I have printed the entire novelization and the parts where the writer included things to tie the dialog together are functional. He never intended to screw around with the plot, or write a novel but merely to deliver the dialog in a cohesive manner. I have re-read it many times, enjoying it each time. Torment is art.

img0876j.jpg

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Who says that? 12 year old kids who are playing Oblivion?

That and Peter Molyneux.

He hasn't changed his tune in 20 years. AFter a while you stop listening.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Torment is art.

Yeah, maybe,

But what is art? That's the bigger question and discussions of it never go anywhere.

April Ryan <3.

She's way more fun than TNO.

Hmm what is she was the protagonist in PST? *gets sucked into a singularity of pure awesome*

That *would* be technically possible, considering what happens in Dreamfall... I wouldn't be surprised even if Ragnar was partly inspired by PS:T considering the esoteric stuff he came up with in Dreamfall.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.