Restaurant Names

Trenitay

So, my family is wanting to open some kind of cafe and the whole group is kind of lacking in the creativity department. We are all trying to think of a name and I decided to ask you guys. So, any ideas?

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

what kind of cafe is it?

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Maybe I shouldn't ask but has your family actually thought this through? Food is notorious for being unreasonably difficult and its not that great an investment unless your able to find a niche and work it really well. In general its a hell of a lot of work for a not hell of a lot of profit and even outside of a recession its a high risk venture. Not a great idea imo.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Uncle Moe's Family Feedbag.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Is this a coffee shop cafe or the kind of cafe that's more of a restaurant?

Why not just use your name, or a favored daughter/niece/uncle name, like so many others do?

Or...um...

Rambling Cafe

Wanton Javabean

Kickin' Kafe

And of course there's always...

Good Eats :p

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Good Eats :*

You'd dare steal from Alton Brown? The man is a genius. :p

Good Eats :*

You'd dare steal from Alton Brown? The man is a genius. :p

Who's Alton Brown? Sorry, never heard of him. :p

I was thinking of very old cartoons where the restaurants would often seem to be be generically named Good Eats...at least, that's what my memory is recalling. I can't actually remember specific cartoons...maybe it was Popeye? Hm... :*

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Maybe I shouldn't ask but has your family actually thought this through?

I didn't think it would be that good of an idea but the two who are pushing this forward are pretty good with money and business. They're convinced they can do it and I'll help them in any way possible.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.