So, Is this game delayed or not?

Just pathetic. I will be canceling my pre-order. When it hits gold I may pre-order it again, if there isn't another game I am thinking on getting.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Err, guys? Remember my Ballad of Gamestracker.com? The Sega site is doing the exact same thing. Apparently, the UK at least, is still getting Alpha Protocol this month. Now I ask you...

Wut?

BATTLE, n. A method of untying with the teeth of a political knot that would not yield to the tongue. - Ambrose Bierce

Dante's Inferno will roll like a cube if it does any rolling at all.

Hey, to each their own, right? However, I bet it will fair far better than AP. In fact, I will bet money on it. Not to mention that at least I will get to play it before next summer. o:)

Yes, it borrows heavily from GOW, but I happen to find the premise very appealing. Despite the fact that it is loosely based on Inferno for a workable adaption that is befitting of a game, the 9 circles of hell as described by Dante Alighieri being made into actual levels in a video game is something that I think fits like a glove.

Cancelling my preorder as well. It's frustrating to be treated this way by SEGA. Honestly, I have to assume the worst at this point - it's been delayed 8 months for a reason so bad they can't tell us.

Come June, hopefully we'll have some information and I'll be able to make an informed decision.

This fall lineup keeps getting thinner and thinner.

Cancelling my preorder as well. It's frustrating to be treated this way by SEGA. Honestly, I have to assume the worst at this point - it's been delayed 8 months for a reason so bad they can't tell us.

Come June, hopefully we'll have some information and I'll be able to make an informed decision.

This fall lineup keeps getting thinner and thinner.

Yeah, I am just going to wait until I go pick up Dragon Age on November 3rd before I cancel mine out. I was really anticipating this one as well, but what do you do? Luckily, there are still plenty of games I want this year and well into next as well.

o:) Just to elaborate on the whole date difference, it looks like everywhere except the U.S. will be getting Alpha Protocol this month. I asked on Twitter if the change from a 3-day difference to an 8-month difference was a special for AP but I have to receive a response :p Edited by Floodland

BATTLE, n. A method of untying with the teeth of a political knot that would not yield to the tongue. - Ambrose Bierce

It's from the Dead Space makers, so it will suck.

I really enjoyed Dead Space. Dante's has no appeal for me though, not a fan of that genre. I expect it will sell tons thanks to EA's marketing. No idea why we're discussing that here but I guess with all this time on our hands we're going to have to find something.

:lol:

Eh, I don't see a point to cancelling my pre-order. I mean, I plan to get AP when it's out.. whether it's this month or next year. It's not like they're going to swipe my money until they actually dispatch it...

And after all, I might be a touch fuzzy on this, but don't they use the amount of pre-orders as one of the yardsticks by which to measure the potential of a release...?

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Well, they should have realize that such a delay would piss off quite a number of gamers. I will just use the money I have stored for pre-order on Dragon Age.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Well, they should have realize that such a delay would piss off quite a number of gamers. I will just use the money I have stored for pre-order on Dragon Age.

Yeah, I was a lot more psyched about AP coming out rather then Dragon Age.. c'est la vie.

Now it's just the wait and see...

:lol:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I'm shifting my preorder to Brutal Legend. Not out of anger or anything, I just don't like having money sitting around in a preorder more than 2 months ahead of release.

Very a-holey of Sega to wait till the day of supposed release to finally give official word. I hope people with preorders/those expecting it today somehow got notified... *cough* Valve.

I hope the delay is used to make AP more awesome than it already looks. Also REALLY hope this is just a setback and not some sign of Obsidian death. Despite some flaws I love Obsidian games so far and I'm still eagerly awaiting AP & especially Fallout: New Vegas. :lol:

Edited by GreasyDogMeat

I find the premise of taking a piece of classic literature and making a GoW clone to "get the literature to the younger audience" appalling.

Even as just another video game, having enemies that shoot screaming babies out of their nipples or ones that try to rape you with tentacles is a pretty big no for me right there.

Well, I am 32, have read the Divine Comedy and see no problem with it because I also happen to enjoy playing video games. The only way it is going to harm the literature is if you allow it to do so within your own mind.

I personally find that the 9 circles of hell being made into 9 increasingly more horrific levels in a video game to be quite appealing. I love the source material and I also happen to love horror and action games as well. Not a bad fit, if you ask me. But again, whatever floats your boat, my friend.

Edited by ironcreed

I wonder if Obsidian will finally be able to comment and vent their frustration now. Maybe talk about how they are tired of working with the "Sonic Pushers" or can't wait until their contract is up with them. Unless... it is Obsidian's fault and they will have to eat humble pie and speak meekly as to the issue.

If we actually had pre-orders here in Estonia, I would totally cancel mine as well.

Yeah, right... :lol:

What is the point canceling pre-orders anyway?

edit: had no idea you have to deposit some money if you pre-order games in some countries ... that kind of sucks, they should be happy you want to buy from them

Edited by uzivatel

Personally I think the hardcore RPG market is under-served. Publishers too afraid to alienate folks have been bending over to accommodate more casual gamers at the expense of the larger, more hardcore minded RPG audience.

For proof, I'm currently pointing over there, to 'Demon's Souls.' It might be too early to speak for the sales, but critics are loving the game, there is a big buzz about it, and the game is --refreshingly-- hard as hell.

I think you're over-estimating the size of the hardcore rpg market. There's a reason you see 10 Maddens or Guitar Heroes for every hardcore rpg. They have a larger market and thus sell more copies.

Well, I don't know. The Guitar Hero / Madden is huge, but the hardcore RPG market is still pretty big. Almost any sales numbers compared to Guitar Hero will seem small .

As for Demon's Souls specifically, it was the #2nd best seller for the month it came out in Japan, and it led to a increase in actual Ps3 console sales, and as for the U.S release, while it is a bit too early to tell, early indicators seem to ... indicate that it will do quite well. It's been receiving awesome ratings (90+) , there is a good buzz about the game in the gaming media, and it is currently #9 best-selling game on Amazon, which is no small feat.

If anything I think this shows that there is a strong demand for hardcore RPGs that are done well. (Which gives me great hope for the future of RPG gaming.) Arguably Demon's Soul is the most hardcore big-budget RPG to come out in 1-3 years (if you now of big-budget RPG that is more challenging, I'd like to hear about it.) Source for US sales: http://news.punchjump.com/blog/2009/10/06/...o-top-10-sales/

Edited by kreese12

In the last 90 minutes, Steam has updated their AP release date to March 2010. Amazon.ca says June 30th 2010. Meh, that's a 3 month difference in release dates. I'd say now that Sega has officially pushed back the release by updating their page, they need to get all these retailers on the same page as well... even if it is to just say "spring 2010" too.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Well, I am 32, have read the Divine Comedy and see no problem with it because I also happen to enjoy playing video games. The only way it is going to harm the literature is if you allow it to do so within your own mind.

I personally find that the 9 circles of hell being made into 9 increasingly more horrific levels in a video game to be quite appealing. I love the source material and I also happen to love horror and action games as well. Not a bad fit, if you ask me. But again, whatever floats your boat, my friend.

Agreed. American McGee's Alice wasn't exactly true to the source material but it was still a fun game and Dante's Inferno has plenty of potential.

I wonder if Obsidian will finally be able to comment and vent their frustration now. Maybe talk about how they are tired of working with the "Sonic Pushers" or can't wait until their contract is up with them. Unless... it is Obsidian's fault and they will have to eat humble pie and speak meekly as to the issue.

Well, fortunately the next game will be published by Bethesda.