So, Is this game delayed or not?

I'm sure SEGA is regularly checking the Obsidian message boards.

You'll probably have better luck complaining on the SEGA boards or sending them an email or something.

I did, and the Sega forum is DEAD, there are like 5 new post(not thread) every 2 weeks....lol

Anyway, that's was my last post about this, won't change a thing, and ive got better things to do in my life :p

Im gonna buy another game and when AP is release, if i didn't forget about it, maybe ill buy it, until then, i don't care anymore, the only ''power'' i got being a customer, is not buying... God i feel powerful LOL :)

I just found out why the game was delayed. Thorton was charged with hacking into the computer systems at Alpha Protocol, so he is being replaced by some guy named JC Denton.
That gave me an idea. We should make some Horatio Caine meme inspired JC-Mike comics, like this:

Csi1.jpg

Only with Mike putting on the glasses and becoming JC or something.

Gamersgate currently has a pre-order Alpha Protocol releasing October 15, and a second, identical except for not being marked pre-order, version releasing March 10.

NOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooo

gamersgate not changing their relase dates was my last straw of hope.

ah well, time to play some more risen.

ha, funny how everyone is saying this game is dead, but a simple question has gone on for 28 pages.

That's a reflection on SEGA's bungling with this. It's awkward when I'm hearing about a delay from Amazon and not the publisher, especially when I've preordered the game.

Personally I think the hardcore RPG market is under-served. Publishers too afraid to alienate folks have been bending over to accommodate more casual gamers at the expense of the larger, more hardcore minded RPG audience.

For proof, I'm currently pointing over there, to 'Demon's Souls.' It might be too early to speak for the sales, but critics are loving the game, there is a big buzz about it, and the game is --refreshingly-- hard as hell.

I think you're over-estimating the size of the hardcore rpg market. There's a reason you see 10 Maddens or Guitar Heros for every hardcore rpg. They have a larger market and thus sell more copies.

Hey all,

Sorry that we've been quiet this week. Hopefully everyone understands that we (Obsidian) can't talk about this much at this point, one way or the other. Just wanted to say that we appreciate your patience, and that hopefully we'll be able to talk about all this at some point soon.

Matthew Rorie

Rahr! An announcement of sorts is always welcome... Even if its more of an announcement that there can't be any official announcement :)

But it's always nice to hear a little something to stop those abandonment issues from flaring up.. :sweat:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Hey all,

Sorry that we've been quiet this week. Hopefully everyone understands that we (Obsidian) can't talk about this much at this point, one way or the other. Just wanted to say that we appreciate your patience, and that hopefully we'll be able to talk about all this at some point soon.

Don't worry, we've got conspiracy theories about the Mike Thorton twitter to keep us entertained. Although I have a sneaking suspicion that they mean nothing, and you guys are all laughing at us :)

Edited by Baeus

I think people may have gone a little bit overboard with the Twitter since those two messages about the leaked document :) And to think I was the one who brought it to everyone else...

Hey, we can't play the game yet, so we're having fun spinning conspiracy theories.. :sweat:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I think people may have gone a little bit overboard with the Twitter since those two messages about the leaked document :) And to think I was the one who brought it to everyone else...
Don't mind it, at least we're occupied.

Hey all,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5URYhXE55bo...feature=related

The delay is a huge bummer for me as I was enthusiasticaly anticipating the release, yet hopefully it will be for the best. No doubt Obsidian should be quite happy truth be told as time and time again we hear developers copping out and complaining about deadlines, "Yea this could have been better... that should have been changed... we tried to fix this," and following up with some comment about how much better their product could have been if only they were given more time. Well... no excuses here guys, do us all proud.

Edited by Solo_Dragun

"I dreamt of the dragun!" "Yes... I have awoken him." ---- EXCALIBUR

Though that is based off the assumption that Obsidian will actually be doing work on Alpha Protocol. If it's just SEGA screwing with their release planning, then OEI most likely won't be getting any funding to improve the game. It's happened before where publishers have just sat on a game that is finished.

We really don't know what the cause of the delay is. After all, the game has been reported finished in late August or whenever it was. And it seems to be confirmed that there is no new release date as of now as most retailers seems to be guessing or just putting up placeholder dates.

Of course, if the game is gonna be delayed, I hope that Obsidian will be getting the opportunity to work on it and improve it. But yeah, it's obviously on a much smaller scale but Atari delayed Mysteries of Westgate forever because of their own stupid reasons, even though the game was finished around the time of Mask of the Betrayer came out. And Ossian didn't get to do any work or improving upon the game in all that time (aside from updating it to avoid all the patches breaking it).

Basically, anything can happen in the wonderful world of the gaming industry. :)

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Also Arcanum and Wizardry 8, albeit for a different reasons, and off the top of my head.

More soberingly, Aliens: Colonial Marines might fit too, it was supposedly near finished a year ago and has disappeared into some 'will eventually be released' ether.

I have pushed that terrible albeit possible outcome to the side. I think it is important for games of this ilk to come to fruition and do well now more than ever to increase the longevity of the development of westernized rpg's. Too long have the giant yellow chicken riding girlie boys dominated the arena of console role playing games. Maybe I am wrong but I can remember discussing with a friend 5 or 6 years ago the lack of modern or sci-fi rpg's on the market. Heck I would still love to see a cyberpunk style rpg using a baldur's gate engine. As dated as it may seem I would play the crap out of it. Not to be too lengthy or off topic, I prefer rpg's of this nature to FF games and the like, so whatever it takes to make this title great so be it, so long as it actually gets made.

I really want to play this title, but not at the expense of other possible great titles like it because developers decide its not profitable due to unsuccessful garbage thrown out there failing on the market because it didn't receive the polish it needed... If you are a gamer that shares my taste I think you would agree that in this genre's infancy we need quality before quantity.

"I dreamt of the dragun!" "Yes... I have awoken him." ---- EXCALIBUR