So, Is this game delayed or not?

Because, at least at my local store, it's free, and the store'll call you when the game is released?

I rarely follow release dates online, because I know the shop will phone me, when the game is released.

Can someone explain to me why the hell people pre-order games, and not just wait until it comes out and then find the lowest price?

Because I already know what the best price in town is going to be... (I paid for 51.29 after shipping/taxes for the 360 version.)

Love that Amazon. :D

Edited by INMATEofARKHAM

Can someone explain to me why the hell people pre-order games, and not just wait until it comes out and then find the lowest price?

Where I buy games, it's cheaper to preorder + you just pick them up at the store + you can cancel your preorder at any time, even after the game has been released (i.e. before you pick it up). Basically, due to the fact that a preorder is cheaper, it would be rational to preorder any game you might want to buy a week or less after release.

I wouldn't preorder if I found out that another retailer sold the games for less than it's preorder price on release though. But considering my other options, that's not likely.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

Strange. Pre-orders are same price releases where I am.

If it's cheaper, then yeah go for it.

I preordered Alpha Protocol for 399 sek, however to preorder it now costs 519 sek. I think my store (Webhallen) make it a rule to lower prices if you preorder games (especially niche games) long before they're released.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

I'm sure everyone very carefully reads those :lol:
The lawyers sure do.

I think I read an EULA once. Or maybe twice. So not all lawyers regularly peruse EULAs. :lol:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I don't care about a potential savings of some 5 bucks or so. If I have to spend more than a half hour or so looking for prices, most of the time it wasn't worth the delay anyhow. If you add in actually visiting RL storefronts, forget it. Like it's worth my time to drive to several stores pricing something. As long as the price falls within the reasonable zone, I don't care.

On the other hand, I do sometimes pick up games if there's a good deal. Like Dark Corners when Wrath made that thread a while back. However, I rarely pre-order these days. I dither so much about buying new games over the past few years that I don't like to order or purchase one unless I know I'm going to have time to use it. ...And my life is so hectic that I really don't usually know if I'll have the opportunity to play a game month to month.

I don't plan on pre-ordering AP. I'm looking forward to the release, but it's doesn't matter to me personally if it comes out in October of this year or next. Sure, I'd like Obsidian to do well, but that sort of stuff is out of my hands anyhow. All I can do is purchase the game when it's released and get to it as soon as I can.

Well, this is quite funny. Now we need a November 10th prediction.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

NOLF will remain the only true spy game anyway...

I never finished it, but I remember enjoying Spycraft. I still have the CD-ROM which came with a video card I bought. It was fun because they consulted with an ex-CIA director and embedded investigative techniques like analyizing photographs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spycraft:_The_Great_Game

I never read frontpage but this is funny:

Greetings Obsidianites! The folks over at PC World just named Alpha Protocol one of "The Most Promising Games of Fall 2009!" So head on over to find out why they picked our "first modern-day espionage-oriented role-playing game" after the jump!

1 October 2009

I'm kinda finding this hard to believe. There was a pretty official press release back in July stating October 6th is the release date, at least that was my impression. Now there has been no official word about a delay, just rumors. It would seem like an easy thing to announce, the game is either being printed up as we speak or it isn't. What happened to going gold anyway? Do they still announce that stuff in the industry?

And where is the holdup anyways? I would assume Obsidian is done with the game, so is Sega just screwing with them?

Splinter Cell: Conviction will also come out before June 2010, also.

NOLF will remain the only true spy game anyway...

NOLF is more like GoldenEye in that it was a game that said "use stealth" from the aspect of "you can sneak up on people and kill them."

It's not really a spy game at all, but more of a shooter game at heart. Not that I mind. Both games were fantastic with hilarious writing.

I have often wondered, does it really matter?

I mean, if you're not confident the game is going to come out and have a preorder, then cancel the preorder. If you're holding out buying a different game because you really want AP instead, make your best call. Right now it seems to be delayed, so get the other game. At best it's delayed. At worst, you have to get AP a little later.

If you're like me and didn't bother preordering, my life really is not that affected whether or not the game comes out now or later.

I ear you, and it doesn't change anything in my life, but just for a little ''RESPECT'' to their loyal customers, they could atleast tell us if it delayed or not, that's all.

I know, respect + Publisher = Impossible. Anyway all they do right now, is destroying the little hype this game had and only because they can't take a little time out of their busy schedule to tell us if it delayed or not, very pathetic.

I know it only a game and all, but come on SEGA, stop being jerks and respect the customer for once..

(Funny, im sure someone gonna need to flame me instead of understanding my point lol)

Edited by Patriot1