So, Is this game delayed or not?

Well, the chances are if you're using Fallout 3 mods you're using FOSE (lots of more advanced mods require it) and FOSE loader automatically disables GfWL.

So because one mod (FOSE) disables GfWL (since GfWL is made to detect cheats.. not much point having achievements otherwise) temporarily, you deem GfWL to be a nuisance and a buggy piece of crap..?

I never said anything about GfWL being 'a buggy piece of crap'. Also FOSE is not a mod but a program hooked up to the Fallout 3 process to provide extra scripting functions. Thanks for reminding me not everyone launch their game with FOSE. As a long-time user of MWSE & OBSE, I guess I do tend to overestimate how many people actually use that tool.

Edited by Masterfade

I'm not gonna say that this speculation is pointless, but it has proved fruitless so far. So I was thinking, this is an Espionage RPG, right? How would a spy go extracting info, non forcefully, without having the people of Obsidian breaking the rules under contract? So I'd like to ask a few questions about the game that hopefully will provide some insight on the games current state. Unless Obsidian's staff has been forbiden from answering any game related questions at all. In which case we are all eff'd.

Last video we saw was in August, right? We saw some minor graphical glitches in the game, like a guy's body 'surfing' during the 'falling down dead' animation because of it taking place in a tight spot, then Mike phasing out to a different spot, but near the dead guy's body. I remember this because the staff member playing this had distinctly said that he was expecting this glitch to happen and he didn't like seeing it. Has any such glitch been fixed or smoothed out since? Anything that distinctly made you go =( when seeing it and made you real happy to have it fixed?

Games like Uncharted II and Assassin's Creed II that are coming soon to consoles, have some amazing graphics. Now, I am no graphics whore and I have no complaints on any game this gen concerning graphics. However, we've seen an astounding improvement on the in game graphics of AP over time. Since, unfortunate as it is, graphics do seem to help sell a game more than ever now, has there been any improvement since the last build we saw? Are you content with the game's current graphical state and/or would you like, given the time, to work on them some more, or do you consider it rather pointless at this stage?

AP certainly is no Street Fighter 4, but the CQC looks promising. However, the animations when a punch or kick connects, seem a little ... non coordinated, as if a punch's impact is delayed by maybe a split second. I guess this could also be included in the first question, but have the CQC animations improved? I'm not sure if maybe this is an older build I'm thinking of and this issue is already resolved, but if not yet, any plans to fix it? Maybe in a patch? Or will the shipped product have this issue resolved? I'm not asking when it will ship or if you guys are still working on that version, just about the support regarding this matter.

Any new thoughts that popped up during development that may become available later through DLC? Are you guys working on it right now? Are you planning to work on one after the game's release, again regardless of release date. Might there be more than one DLC? Should we expect one in 2010 or, considering Mass Effect's first DLC was released a whole year and a half after the game's release, 2011?

I think we might get something out of this without getting Mr. Rorrie's ear chewed off. Supposing we didn't already get him in enough trouble in that other thread ...

If it means anything, Mr. Rorrie, we're all really sorry about that :)

Edited by SirPetrakus

Following the parallel thread on GFWL, I don't think it's inherently bad, but I do think it's an unnecessary inconvenience born from haphazard 360 ports. The interface is not streamlined for games that actually make use of GFWL functionality (multiplayer matchmaking etc., *not* just achievements), and I find it to be sluggish and unresponsive. For games that *don't* particularly use GFWL functionality save for patches or DLC, it's an additional thing I have to set up when installing that serves no important purpose. It doesn't ruin games, it's just unnecessary.

To add to the speculation... Wouldn't we at least have an achievement list (for console) if it was going to be released any time soon? Not only is it all quiet on the communication front (except for the Twitter incident,) but no more videos, dev diaries or anything.

I recall them mentioning before that they don't want to release the achievement list because it contains spoilers. But you have a point with the rest o:)

I think that they would still have to release the achievements sometime before release...right? I don't recall any game that didn't and yet if they are so worried about "spoilers" they could lock those and and mark them as "Secret"

To add to the speculation... Wouldn't we at least have an achievement list (for console) if it was going to be released any time soon? Not only is it all quiet on the communication front (except for the Twitter incident,) but no more videos, dev diaries or anything.

I recall them mentioning before that they don't want to release the achievement list because it contains spoilers. But you have a point with the rest o:)

I think that they would still have to release the achievements sometime before release...right? I don't recall any game that didn't and yet if they are so worried about "spoilers" they could lock those and and mark them as "Secret"

Maybe we're expected to crack their security and obtain the list for ourselves, espionage style.

Gamefly has amended their prospective release date to "TBD", and they supposedly only change such details due to direct communication with the publisher.

That's possibly encouraging. I wasn't aware, before this thread that sega is notoriously bad at updating their website, but perhaps this time the fact that they haven't updated AP's release date, means there's still a chance it'll be out next month.

maybe somebody jumped the gun and leaked a "delay til june" message before anything was made official.

Gamefly had late October as their previous estimate. I should have made that clear in the last post.

Still no official word from Sega? I can't believe how they don't give a f... about the customers.....We are in october...is it so hard for them to atleast tell us if the game is delayed or not?!?!?

I'm sure they care deeply.

:lol:

LOL

I know, that's the problem, i don't understand why Publisher always do that, Geez.

Anyway your reply made me laugh, thanks Purkake :lol:

I have often wondered, does it really matter?

I mean, if you're not confident the game is going to come out and have a preorder, then cancel the preorder. If you're holding out buying a different game because you really want AP instead, make your best call. Right now it seems to be delayed, so get the other game. At best it's delayed. At worst, you have to get AP a little later.

If you're like me and didn't bother preordering, my life really is not that affected whether or not the game comes out now or later.

I put my preorder in with Gamestop last May. I'm worried they're going to forget about it if the game doesn't come out until June of next year.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

hard decisionz suc ballz

anyway, with the original october release only five days away, I really doubt we will be seeing the game then. anyone know why it wasnt at TGS?

salamando.gif

build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

I still don't get why GFWL is such a problem.

That's because you buy all your games, you dirty non-pirate.

I buy my games on steam. I don't need another DRM to crash it to hell and back.

Also, I like using mods. GFWL requires disabling in FO3 to use the more advanced ones.

Then disable it. It isn't that hard to do.

That is a violation of the EULA.

I still don't get why GFWL is such a problem.

That's because you buy all your games, you dirty non-pirate.

I buy my games on steam. I don't need another DRM to crash it to hell and back.

Also, I like using mods. GFWL requires disabling in FO3 to use the more advanced ones.

Then disable it. It isn't that hard to do.

That is a violation of the EULA.

I'm sure everyone very carefully reads those :o

Edited by Baeus

Heh, what I found amusing was that I got the message from Amazon.uk that there was a delay in my pre-order.. When I checked , there was the "see shipping estimate in red for revised times" and they said they would be shipping it on October 1st.

It hit me with a "hmm, there's a delay in my order.. so you're telling me you're shipping it earlier, somethings wrong there..."

Ah well. It's not like they swipe my money until they actually do ship it. So while I was really looking forward to sinking some serious hours of my life into AP this October.. I guess I'll have to wait awhile and see what on earth is going on.

Dang it. I'm more hooked on AP then something like Dragon Age.. but it looks if I actually want some freshly minted goodness I'll have to pick that up in a month instead..

Still, the silence and confusion over delay, not delay, how long a delay is getting a touch... irritating.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

How many dates does that make? 7? 8?

Not sure but enough to make it official for me... I'll still be here when it ships but I'm looking at doing other things with my preorder credit right now. (Too many good/great games coming out this year to sit on it for half a year.)