So, Is this game delayed or not?

LOL, check out this post over on GAF. Apparently the delay has been in the cards for awhile now.

"Yeah, they had a AP-tricked-out bus outside the venue at the Metallica show a few weeks ago, and it said '2010'. So it's been delayed for a while, even if it wasn't official."

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php...5289&page=3

How nice of SEGA to inform everyone putting money down for the game, thinking it was coming in October. I especially feel bad for the folks who already paid for it on Steam, as they cannot get their money back from what I understand.

LOL, check out this post over on GAF. Apparently the delay has been in the cards for awhile now.

"Yeah, they had a AP-tricked-out bus outside the venue at the Metallica show a few weeks ago, and it said '2010'. So it's been delayed for a while, even if it wasn't official."

How nice of SEGA to inform everyone putting money down for the game, thinking it was coming in October. I especially feel bad for the folks who already paid for it on Steam, as they cannot get their money back from what I understand.

It would be disheartening if they had planned on postponing this long without mentioning it to the buyers for weeks. I mean after all, we (the buyers) are their source of income.

You can get a refund from steam, you'd just lose Space Siege as well as the AP preorder.

It would be disheartening if they had planned on postponing this long without mentioning it to the buyers for weeks. I mean after all, we (the buyers) are their source of income.

Normally I would have not put much stock into such a post, but beings it was posted on GAF, I think it is fairly credible.

aw, I just now realized I have to decide between this, Bioshock and Deadrisng 2 now. That sucks. But both my x-boxes are broken, so I hope they delay it to 2036, then make it more epic then epic itslef.

salamando.gif

build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Hopefully, it means that SEGA was mostly impressed by what AP is showing now, and sent it back for some additional polishing and sizzle because they want to give it a big push as one of their major releases next year.

If Sega hated the game and just wanted to get rid of it, they'd just push it out the door, earn what they could, and forget about it.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

aw, I just now realized I have to decide between this, Bioshock and Deadrisng 2 now. That sucks. But both my x-boxes are broken, so I hope they delay it to 2036, then make it more epic then epic itslef.

whoa whoa whoa, when is Dead Rising 2 coming out? because that will be a primary game for me next year.. then i was thinking about GT5 & God of War 3.. man this sucks.

whoa whoa whoa, when is Dead Rising 2 coming out? because that will be a primary game for me next year.. then i was thinking about GT5 & God of War 3.. man this sucks.

I got your troll right here. :brows:

Hopefully, it means that SEGA was mostly impressed by what AP is showing now, and sent it back for some additional polishing and sizzle because they want to give it a big push as one of their major releases next year.

If Sega hated the game and just wanted to get rid of it, they'd just push it out the door, earn what they could, and forget about it.

That would be so much fun. Still, I doubt this is the case.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

We can't be sure they own AP outright- it was an original Obsidian IP, after all, rather than a Sega commissioned project (unlike AlienC). For all we know a 'cancellation' might see it revert to Obsidian's ownership.

From USTPO website:

Word Mark ALPHA PROTOCOL

Goods and Services IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: video game software; computer game software; computer game programs; video game programs for use with handheld game machines; video game programs for use with mobile phones, downloadable video game programs

Owner (APPLICANT) Kabushiki Kaisha Sega DBA Sega Corporation CORPORATION JAPAN 1-2-12 Haneda, Ohta-Ku Tokyo JAPAN 144-8521

Of course there might be a clause in their contact saying if SEGA cancel the game then the IP returns to Obsidian. But for now it does appear SEGA owns AP.

Edited by Masterfade

sad sad sad; 2009 was horrible, too many game delays

In 2008 I added it up......I bought 10 PC game titles; big ones and not something small like "The Price is Right"

In 2009 I added it up.....I bought 5 PC game titles (big ones as well)

Wouldve been more.

But alas I had to wait for

1-Bioshock 2

2-Mass Effect 2

3-Splnter Cell Conviction

4-Singularity

5-Alpha Protocol

6-Assassins Creed 2 (PC)

But anywho.

I think I've also given up as far as what gets released when. I think I'll just wait til 1 day before its supposed to come out, check the date, then the next day see if its available.

Dragon Age Origins & The Sabatouer are supposed to be released November/December but I'm not holding my breath :brows:

But to stay on topic here, yeah I just read that AP is coming out next year, Q1 2010. Very sad, was sincerely hoping AP was my next huge game to play, guess not :(

I'm still keeping my reserve at Gamestop

Deadrising 2 is comin March 2010 i think. Ill probably get DR2 then decide between Bioshock and Alpha Protocol. If I got the cash, ill get both. Also, whos the n00b who called me a troll *cough* Dennis *cough*. Just thought you should know that me living under a bridge does not classify me as a troll, im homeless and its warm and cozy there.

salamando.gif

build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

That would be so much fun. Still, I doubt this is the case.

Allow me the indulgence of my fantasies, plz.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

[TESS citation]

Of course there might be a clause in their contact saying if SEGA cancel the game then the IP returns to Obsidian. But for now it does appear SEGA owns AP.

Heh, I trawl TESS frequently, so I know who has the registration.

I was thinking of the clause thing, basically, whereby if Sega failed to live up to its obligations the IP would revert (or have the option to be bought out by another publisher). It certainly isn't unheard of for companies to have TMs of properties registered that they don't own in any absolute sense, see Baldur's Gate for an example-- it clearly says on the box that WOTC owns the TM, but check on TESS and you get it being owned by IPLY and Bioware at various times, and only now that the legal shenanigans have been sorted is it actually listed as held by WOTC.

We can't be sure they own AP outright- it was an original Obsidian IP, after all, rather than a Sega commissioned project (unlike AlienC). For all we know a 'cancellation' might see it revert to Obsidian's ownership.

Sony could also want a mass effect challenger on their platform. Currently they only have a third world version of fallout 3 (I think the DLC came out last week, I've been away for a couple of weeks so haven't been able to check.)

The leaked minutes don't say it, so I'm not going to speculate anything more on the Sony angle. :cat:

edit: Wonder who I was trying to quote? It sure wasn't that one! :p

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif