So, Is this game delayed or not?

If my mentioning of canceling my preorder bothers you so much, maybe you should skip my posts instead of being an ass and acting as if my saying so offended you personally in some way. I merely mentioned it in passing a few times while discussing what is going on with the game. There was no ulterior motive behind my doing so, as you are so foolishly suggesting.

If my comments bother you, you could do the same. I have a funny feeling neither of us will. The internet is funny like that.

I said what I said because I saw it coming up a lot.

Edited by alanschu

If my mentioning of canceling my preorder bothers you so much, maybe you should skip my posts instead of being an ass and acting as if my saying so offended you personally in some way. I merely mentioned it in passing a few times while discussing what is going on with the game. There was no ulterior motive behind my doing so, as you are so foolishly suggesting.

If my comments bother you, you could do the same. I have a funny feeling neither of us will. The internet is funny like that.

I said what I said because I saw it coming up a lot.

The only reason your comment bothered me is because it was out of line. Otherwise, I think your a great poster from what I have seen. The only reason I mentioned canceling a couple of times is because of what now seems obvious in that the game is likely delayed. I was merely speculating and discussing....which is what this forum is here for. :(

I wonder if Sega does it again.. Leaves us hanging and waiting for an official announcement for months.

After seeing how they handled Aliens:Crucible cancelling: "No comment. We are still releasing it. No Comment. It's still being worked on. Oh that project, we cancelled it 6 months ago." I'm not looking forward buying any games by Sega with the exception of Alpha Protocol.

I can only imagine how frakking annoying this must be for the folks at Obsidian.. Not being able to let their fans know what's happening with the game.

Hate the living, love the dead.

Holy ****, they can't be serious.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

If it turns out to be true, I'd be worried about how the actual state of the game will be when it finally does come out. Even though OEI does have a track record with buggy games now, I have a really hard time believing that such a long delay would be only due to bug fixing and polishing. I hope it won't be a case of them having to redo certain parts of the game to match what the publisher wants from them, thus "censoring" the devs. That'd be the most horrible thing to see.

Still... Hope we can get some official info on this.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Yeah I know, but an *additional* 8 months? What on earth could bring that on? I mean, the game has been previewed and shown off quite a lot. And I think like one or two previews mentioned fear of bugs. But I mean, there have been a whole bunch of positive previews, and some *very* positive ones. The game have been mentioned as most anticipated game in a few places.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

So it seems pretty clear the game isn't coming out in October. Which sucks, if true. But June ? Really? Another 8 months seems pretty excessive.

If it isn't coming in October, that's really too bad for Obsidian -- because right now there isn't that much competition out. It seems like a great time for release. Going up against Mass Effect 2 and Splinter Cell Conviction and all the rest of the great games coming out it is gonna be rough.

I hope it's just a small delay...

I was really looking forward to playing this soon :) Aw well. If it's being delayed on accounts of being unfinished, than so be it. I just hope it's not being delayed on account of Sega requesting a long list of asinine changes to the game, that don't mesh with what the dev team had planned for the game...

Edited by kreese12

Would be fun if a dev posted here.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Tsk.

It should be said that it's difficult to speculate what the exact problem is that requires an 8 month bump. How could it be the core gameplay unless Sega was not paying attention to the game until the end of production? Rorie had said several months ago that Sega testers had given the game very positive responses. I don't think the Sony rep had the kind of clout to persuade Sega to push back the game a year. There's something going on, something major.

One also has to consider how keeping the AP team on duty for 8 additional months is going to affect the status of Obsidz' other projects. New Vegas is supposed to come out less than 6 months after AP now.

Edited by Pop

If I could have delayed AP to, say, December 20th, I would gladly do that if that meant Obsidian got more time to polish the game. But I think it's probably stupid to delay the game's release past christmas eve.

However, naturally, whether or not the game is delayed does not change my decision to preorder and frankly I don't see why anyone would cancel their preorder because AP was delayed (unless they are very poor and/or very busy in June).

EDIT: lol

Edited by Rostere

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

I have been following this game without really joining any boards or anything. Just following it because it seemed like my type of game.

But the way its starting to seem with all the release date non-sense, its gonna be another Daikatana.

I will still get it, because of the way it seems like my type of game. But like Daikatana, when it will be released its graphics and all the other factors will be behind whats out there currently.

Though it is freaking adding some major confusion with the release times, some places (including the AP website), still say October, Gamestop I believe says like June 2010. Ugh...gotta love it.

But the way its starting to seem with all the release date non-sense, its gonna be another Daikatana.
Chris Avellone will make you his Bond-girl?

Hmmmm...might be ok...wait what? LOL Seeing how he worked on some of my favorite games....I might let him have a night with my wife. :)

*Sigh*

Oh well, it's all but confirmed now. We'll probably get an official announcement next week.

Pretty bad move by Sega if they move it to Q1 like everyone else has done, they will be even more crowded out then than if they were release in Christmas due to all the big hitters running away from COD.