So, Is this game delayed or not?

possibly Gamestop must've been smoking crack, 'cause the suggested release date for Alpha Protocol said June 2010. What's up with that? :lol:

That would be very disappointing. AP is already 3,5 years in development (with an existing engine), if Obsidian even needs more time then they're doing something wrong.

3.5 years? Where are you getting that?

According to http://www.x360magazine.com/qa/obsidians-c...alpha-protocol/ they only finalized the story 1.5 years ago (though, to be fair, they could have been developing the tech for a lot longer). Still, where does your figure come from? Can you source it?

If there is even a hint of truth behind the June '10 rumour, that isn't a delay, it's someone saying "we don't have a bl**dy clue when this game is coming out!" :thumbsup:

The June '10 thing might just be my local shop looking to deep in the cocaine-bucket, so I wouldn't really put anything into it as of yet.

If it's not out before christmas, then we can worry.

However, I would rather it came out in June '10 than it repeating the KotORII story; a bloody good game with a bloody bad finish.

The june10 was a mistake, most likely. Gamestop.com still says 27th of October.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

In the last 24 hours amazon.ca has changed their release date from october 6th 2009 to june 30th 2010 :lol:

EDIT: however, amazon.com has a release date of october 27th/09

Edited by mr insomniac

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

I can't imagine a 8 month delay at this point. Unless something is horribly wrong.

If anything, Sega would probably pushing to get it out this year in order to catch the all-mighty Christmas, even if it 'isn't ready'. Publishers seem to love to do that, witness KOTOR 2 (due originally in Feb, then magically it's somehow ready 3 months early for a Dec release).

Still hoping it's done and ready for Oct though.

Edited by Baeus

Well, if the game needs the time, I wouldn't even mind another 8 months that much (although I would mind a little :wowey: ). But I think at this point, some official clarification would be in order. We don't even need an exact date. A month ... hell a year would already be appreciated :) .

Edited by Mr. Fob

With the dates starting to change like that, and Sega not saying anything, that's a really good indication the game is nowhere near being ready. In fact considering Sega's financial shape, I'd say there's a good chance it will be cancelled.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

With the dates starting to change like that, and Sega not saying anything, that's a really good indication the game is nowhere near being ready. In fact considering Sega's financial shape, I'd say there's a good chance it will be cancelled.

That's right. Shortly before they finish it they're gonna cancel it.

Think before you write.

Look at what BIS did to 2 of their on-going projects...

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

I think unless Obs was going to do something spectacular in those intervening months, it would not bode well for commercial success. The visuals would continue to age, Splinter Cell: Conviction is likely to set the bar for what people expect in a sneaking & shooting game in February, and the basic concept isn't getting any fresher with time.

Unless they're dedicating that time to a complete reworking of the CQC, in which case I agree ;)

Look at what BIS did to 2 of their on-going projects...
Interplay maybe, BIS not so much. ;)

Who said they're about to finish it?
Official release date Oct 6 or 27?

You still believe that? Edit: The fact that you don't know which indicates there's no official release date. Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Who said they're about to finish it?
Official release date Oct 6 or 27?

You still believe that? Edit: The fact that you don't know which indicates there's no official release date.

What did you ask? When do I think the game will be out? No. You asked why we think the game is supposed to be almost finished, to which I answered. BTW Oct 6. is the official date, while 27 is a rumored European release.