Alpha Protocol DLC?

I think it would be amazing if Alpha Protocol came out with some dowlnoadable content sometime in the future. They game looks epic already, but it could get even better! For example, I've noticed that there are no sniper rifles listed in the "weapons and skills" section of the website. Sniper rifles would make a great add-on in the future. New missions and locations would make the game much more extensive and fun to play as well, such as New York City or Madrid. Even new skills/perks would be a great add-on, if they hadn't thought of all possible skills/preks already. :) Does anyone have any info on whether or not a DLC might become available? I'm sure it's probably too early to tell, so what DLCs, if any, would also contribute to this game's awesomeness?

lol i hate DLC.. i never worry about that until after ive finished the game & feel incomplete. id hate if they purposely leave something out, just so they can charge us more for it.

& i honestly cannot think of dlc due to the lack of info on this game..THANKS SEGA!

I dont think throwing some weapons and missions would work.

They could probably make something like the GTA4 DLC only smaller scale - take some important NPC from the main story and make him/her the main character of the DLC (did someone require female PC?). He/she could use different weapons/equipment to make the gameplay feel somewhat different (sniper rifle?). The story could be somehow connected with the main story - let us see the main story from different perspective. Maybe even some decisions from the main story could affect the story of the DLC in some way (or maybe not). The dialogues should reflect the fact the main character of the DLC is not Michael Thorton - both main character dialogue options and NPC reactions should feel different (no JBs).

I like the Laras Shadow DLC in Tomb Raider: Underworld - it was connected with the main story (and with the other DLC), but playing as the Doppelganger felt really different as the DLC introduced new gameplay mechanisms and changed/removed some existing.

Now, why am I even writing this? If there is going to be DLC, they are working on it by now. Writers, artist, designer are probably finished with this game and unless they have moved to another positions (QA?), they have been working on other things for months.

Edited by uzivatel

or......

potential DLC-- add online multiplayer/ co-op?.. someone. well it looked like a developer, on IGN forums said that there will be no multiplayer but something about the unreal engine having it in its coding.. im not savvy on the whole programming/developing stuff.. but is this true?

id pay for that.

whoa whoa whoa.. i didnt mean that.. i mean.. i wouldnt wanna pay for it. but itd be a nice treat.

Edited by Warren Bills

I think it would be amazing if Alpha Protocol came out with some dowlnoadable content sometime in the future. They game looks epic already, but it could get even better! For example, I've noticed that there are no sniper rifles listed in the "weapons and skills" section of the website. Sniper rifles would make a great add-on in the future. New missions and locations would make the game much more extensive and fun to play as well, such as New York City or Madrid. Even new skills/perks would be a great add-on, if they hadn't thought of all possible skills/preks already. :p Does anyone have any info on whether or not a DLC might become available? I'm sure it's probably too early to tell, so what DLCs, if any, would also contribute to this game's awesomeness?

I hope there's no DLC. I hate that ****.

Make a proper expansion pack you lazy sods.

We're pretty much past the era of full xpacs, at least when it comes to non-PC exclusives. What passes for an xpac these days is becoming less and less substantial. The Pitt, for example, only provided about 4 or so hours of gameplay.

Take all 5 DLCs and you've got a good deal of gameplay though, almost an entire expansion pack.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Guest PoziomyPion

Yeah but you pay 50$ for 5 DLCs, back in good old days you would pay half of it for an expansion pack.

People get screwed over nowaydays and are happy about it. :(

Yeah but you pay 50$ for 5 DLCs, back in good old days you would pay half of it for an expansion pack.

Shrug, the costs probably reflect the higher cost of production these days. Considering the kind of half-assed **** that got passed off as expansions back in the day, I'd say one is better off buying 5 chunks at 10 $ each, than risking something along the lines of those early Red Alert expansion packs etc. :o

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

The Pitt, for example, only provided about 4 or so hours of gameplay.

Only if you're retarded.

1-2 hrs is more accurate.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Companies charge whatever people are willing to pay. This shouldn't come as a shock to anybody.

Modern Warfare 2 will cost ~$10 more in the UK because of "currency differences" and the Activision CEO said that they would charge more for their games if they could.

Yes, but Activision's major stockholder is Satan.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"