Crazy Coincidence

Hey all,

I just wanted to post and see if anyone else would think this is cool or creepy... I am a major RPG player, have been playing RPG's since the days of pen and paper D&D. I am always trying keep up with what will be coming out in the genre so when I noticed Alpha Protocol I naturally started to read up on it to see what it was going to be like and then I noticed the main characters name... it was weird and I had to look twice because my name is Michael Thornton! As you should notice my name is spelled with an "n" where as the characters is not, but it is still kinda cool, and the fact that I am an Army Vet makes it even better that this game will be in the present and feature an up and coming spy. So...would you think that this would be cool or weird to play a game where the character has the same name as you do?(or almost the same)

i think its pretty cool.. great story.. itd be a definite buy/pre order if a character had my name..---Obsidian, your next protagonist should be named Warren Williams.. just putting it out there.. but seriously.. i havent seen any "cool" characters (no nerds) named Warren..

Hey all,

I just wanted to post and see if anyone else would think this is cool or creepy... I am a major RPG player, have been playing RPG's since the days of pen and paper D&D. I am always trying keep up with what will be coming out in the genre so when I noticed Alpha Protocol I naturally started to read up on it to see what it was going to be like and then I noticed the main characters name... it was weird and I had to look twice because my name is Michael Thornton! As you should notice my name is spelled with an "n" where as the characters is not, but it is still kinda cool, and the fact that I am an Army Vet makes it even better that this game will be in the present and feature an up and coming spy. So...would you think that this would be cool or weird to play a game where the character has the same name as you do?(or almost the same)

Quick, sue them like the Max Payne guy or just marvel at the coincidence. Whichever.

Edited by Purkake

i think its pretty cool.. great story.. itd be a definite buy/pre order if a character had my name..---Obsidian, your next protagonist should be named Warren Williams.. just putting it out there.. but seriously.. i havent seen any "cool" characters (no nerds) named Warren..

Warren Clide from Far Cry 2. He's pretty awesome.

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/6016/artw...renclidecb4.jpg

Edited by Mojito
bo2honau2csr9e70g28.png

Its Warren Clyde, and yes, h eis beast. But Paul Ferenc is better.

salamando.gif

build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

lol well he does look pretty awesome in that pic.. +1 for the Warren clan & all Warren-kind.

One of the characters in Mercenaries/Mercenaries 2 has my name. It's really creepy when they call him on the radio or shout his name when you pass by! Fun, but creepy.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

My real name is Larry Tolman

I was playing EverQuest (1) and saw a NPC named "Larkin Tolman" Now while his first name wasnt the same as mine, it was kinda cool seeing a NPC having the same last name as me. And I dont think "Tolman" is that popular of a last name; I dont know. But for those that read this, check your telephone book, do you see any Tolmans in there? Reply here and let me know :)