A fun little game to play!

lord of flies

Which one of these quotes is from Noam Chomsky, and which is from Ron Paul?

"[The United States] is the best country in the world."

"I think we're in the middle of that [American imperialism]. It's imperialistic to have troops all around the world. We have them in 130 countries. But the big areas would be in Iraq and Iran and that whole region over there."

Do we win anything?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Trick question. They're both quotes from Caddyshack.

:verymad:

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Since I guessed correctly, I'll go next.

Which one of these quotes is by Mark Twain, and which is by Godzilla.

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."

""Nyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeerrrrhhheegghhh!"

Is Ron Paul that transvestite basketball player?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

He was one of the republican presidential candidates for the 2008 election. He was somewhat popular on the internet with his anti-government stance, until it came out that he was also a crazy christian. The XKCD guy also likes to make fun of him every now and then.

Needless to say he failed miserably:

sad_ron_paul.jpg

Edited by Purkake

Incidentally has anyone established whose alt LoF is?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Here are the odds line:

Krezack 10:1, Pop 4:1, Deadly Nightshade 30:1, taks 10000:1, Walsingham 200:1, Kaftan 15:1, Guard Dog 10000:1, Laozi 80:1 Krookie 75:1, Rostere 100:1, Monte Carlo 90:1, Not an alt just a fool 2:1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Here are the odds line:

Krezack 10:1, Pop 4:1, Deadly Nightshade 30:1, taks 10000:1, Walsingham 200:1, Kaftan 15:1, Guard Dog 10000:1, Laozi 80:1 Krookie 75:1, Rostere 100:1, Monte Carlo 90:1, Not an alt just a fool 2:1

I'm far more inclined to believe it's the alt of one of you crazy libertarians, since he's clearly designed to rally the people against communism and such by virtue of the stupidity of his arguments in defence of it. :sorcerer:

An agent provocateur? Interesting...

-Elwood Blues

Ever notice how Krezack seems to think crazy and libertarian are all one word? o:)

You guys are making me break my own rule about not posting in one of LoFs threads.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

He was one of the republican presidential candidates for the 2008 election. He was somewhat popular on the internet with his anti-government stance, until it came out that he was also a crazy christian. The XKCD guy also likes to make fun of him every now and then.

sad_ron_paul.jpg

No joke though, Ron Paul would be a better President than Obama. His international policies are so distantly better than Obama's, and, to be honest, virtually anything bad a President could do domestically does not rival the damage United States has done via military force, coup d'etats, and proxy wars. I could write a significant number of words on this subject, but we all know you guys wouldn't read them.

sad_ron_paul.jpg

No joke though, Ron Paul would be a better President than Obama. His international policies are so distantly better than Obama's, and, to be honest, virtually anything bad a President could do domestically does not rival the damage United States has done via military force, coup d'etats, and proxy wars. I could write a significant number of words on this subject, but we all know you guys wouldn't read them.

Dumbest thing I've read in ages.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

2368597065_237f897644_o.jpg

How come no one has suggested LoF being Volourn's alt? He is pretty much the WOT's Volo.

2368597065_237f897644_o.jpg

How come no one has suggested LoF being Volourn's alt? He is pretty much the WOT's Volo.

Volo is not motivated enough to make an alt

Thomas Sowell

Here are the odds line:

You don't think it could be another of Eldar's alts?

My money's on Wals, anyway.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I'd almost wish LoF was my alt, because it would be damn funny. Not all these topics in WoT (which are kind of interesting at first but all tend to derail rather quickly in the same direction), but everything he writes in the Alpha Protocol forum. I thought "can you smoke weed in this game", "can you be black in this game", "are there any anarco-syndicalist communes in AP", "must I play Thorton as a neocolonialist oppressor" et.c. were hilarious. If there ever is a sequel to Alpha Protocol, I'd seriously want the protagonist to be a weed-smoking anarcho-syndicalist black woman (kind of like Leroy's mama in Surf Nazis Must Die, warning: mature content) who only wants to stick a bomb up in the ass of all neocolonialist oppressors. I mean, if you did it with a bit of humor, it would be hilarious.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

You never know.

I bet he has something to do with Hades.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

You never know.

I bet he has something to do with Hades.

I thought about that, but Hades is a genuinely nice guy no matter which alt he is using. Sure, he's stubborn, but LoF is condescending and lacks any humility or introspection. Hades is nearly the opposite. I am concerned that we haven't seen him around lately though.