Does PS3 have any good platformers?

H

Gaming is nothing more than one rip off after the next that has lead from Wolfenstein 3D to Duke Nukem 3d to Half-Life and on and on. I really don't care if Dante's Inferno is a GoW rip off (especially as 360/PC owner) as long as it is fun.

I don't think it will be a day one purchase for me, but I am fairly interested at this point. http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusiv...s-inferno/52342

I think I can safely say the only interesting aspect of the game is the art direction and possibly combat.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Bah, fixed camera should die in the hell that it came from.
That's Resident Evil, bud.

I distinctly remember a part of the DMC4 demo where you are on a staircase with a fixed camera. It was stupid before that, but at that point I just uninstalled it.

Only stairs I remember involved left-to-right jumping "puzzles". :(

It's on top of the class if you like quick time events.

Fixed. God of War doesn't come close to the holy trinity of Ninja Gaiden, Devil May Cry (yes, even DMC 4) and God Hand. Hell, even River City Ransom did combat better, and that was in the days of NES.

20795.jpg

Never having played any of them I laugh at the newer Ninja Gaidens and also at Devil May Cry. Japanese stuff is pretty funny.

More importantly, they have actual depth when it comes to combat mechanics.

EDIT: Grammar were the bit wrong;

Edited by H
20795.jpg