Does PS3 have any good platformers?

H

... Little Big Planet?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Thanks for the suggestions, but that's not quite what I'm looking for. Both LBP and Trine revolve around gimmicky physics puzzles. What I want is a straightforward platformer, as old-school as they can possibly get.

20795.jpg

That leaves... Sonic. You don't want to touch that.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

The Wii is the only console with any amount of platformers, all of them standard Nintendo titles. That once happy genre has been gobbled up into third person action games, Prince of Persia, Assasins Creed etc.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

The Wii is the only console with any amount of platformers, all of them standard Nintendo titles. That once happy genre has been gobbled up into third person action games, Prince of Persia, Assasins Creed etc.

At least Prince of Persia was pretty :verymad:

The only decent 3d platformer on the Wii is Mario Galaxy AFAIK.

Edited by Purkake

There aren't a lot of "oldschool" platformers, unfortunatly. I'm sure you could have fun with some newer ones though, like Mirror's Edge, Prince of Persia or something like Ratchet and Clank.

If you want oldschool platformers download a SNES/NES/Gameboy/N64 emulator.

I'm sure you could have fun with some newer ones though, like Mirror's Edge, Prince of Persia or something like Ratchet and Clank.

I could. In fact, I did. Now I want something more traditional. :sorcerer:

If you want oldschool platformers download a SNES/NES/Gameboy/N64 emulator.

This does seem to be the only option. Thanks for the feedback, everyone! I guess the thread can be put to rest.

20795.jpg

There's a new ratchet on the horizon, but probably your best bet would be to go digging through ye olde PSN for something. There isn't much on the PSN that I've heard of but still.

the old platformer of "you have no weapons but must get from point a to b" is pretty much dead.

If you've got a ps2 laying around, I'd suggest Ratchet and Clank, Jack and Daxter, Sly Cooper, Prince of Persia series, and god of war (to a lesser extent for the platforming).

or just hit the XBLA/Wii shopping for some classics from back in the day.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

[quote name='H

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

and god of war (to a lesser extent for the platforming).

Well, the GoWs are getting a "remaster" for the PS3 later this year.

and GoW3 is slated for march next year.

Yeah. I've never played any of the GoWs (was an xbox/pc man in the last console gen), but I'm thinking I might pick the 'new' versions up later this year, to see what the fuss is about.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Yeah. I've never played any of the GoWs (was an xbox/pc man in the last console gen), but I'm thinking I might pick the 'new' versions up later this year, to see what the fuss is about.

Well, watch the review yhatzee made. The games overall format is similar to Prince of Persias, go from point A to B using special powers and combat to overcome obstacles. But God of War is much more adult oriented (with breasts hanging out, and an off screen threeway. And then there's the ripping people in half thing).

Very good design overall.

Dante's Inferno looks more fun than God of War 3.

*hides*

You better hide, quote the developer:

The time is right for the world of interactive entertainment to adapt this literary masterpiece, and to re-introduce Dante to an audience who, until now, may have been unfamiliar with the remarkable details of this great work of art

But can you rip Helios' head clean off in Dante's Inferno? I think not.

From what I've seen DI looks like a pretty obvious GoW ripoff. At least GoW3 has those awesome backgrounds with titans fighting each other and whatnot.

Edited by Purkake

Gaming is nothing more than one rip off after the next that has lead from Wolfenstein 3D to Duke Nukem 3d to Half-Life and on and on. I really don't care if Dante's Inferno is a GoW rip off (especially as 360/PC owner) as long as it is fun.

I don't think it will be a day one purchase for me, but I am fairly interested at this point. http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusiv...s-inferno/52342