When will we be getting new footage/info?

I was hoping we would at least get a new developer walkthrough or interview from PAX, but nothing. With all of the silence all of the sudden, I am starting to fear that the game may get pushed into 2010.

Come on, Obsidian, keep us in the loop. I realize that it is ultimately Sega's call, but delay or not, I just think we deserve to know something. We are approaching mid-September here and there is still no confirmed date as of yet.

It's pretty close to release. My guess is there will not be any new videos besides a launch trailer (which is fairly standard marketing as games go.)

Personally I'm not a fan of the Arkham Asylum-type idea of releasing a new video every 3 days. I think over saturation is a bad thing. But ya, I'm not saying that that is a bad way to advertise though I suppose...

They unveiled the games they'll be showing off at TGS and Alpha Protocol isn't there.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

They unveiled the games they'll be showing off at TGS and Alpha Protocol isn't there.

Seriously? You would think that if this game was going to in fact be landing in October that they would want to market it and start releasing more trailers, ect. I mean, we are approaching mid-September and we have not even got a confirmed date yet and the trailers and info seems to have stopped as well.

I hope I am wrong here, but I am starting to suspect that this may get pushed to later in the year or possibly even 2010. Even if such is not the case, the less info and footage that is out there, the fewer will be the people who will ultimately buy it considering the holiday season horde of games that is fast approaching.

I mean, think about it. We even have dates for titles that are landing in November. Hell, we even have dates for games that are releasing in early 2010. Yet here we are in September and no official word on a date yet?

Not trying to be negative, as this is one of my most anticipated titles. Just concerned and would like to know when it is going to come out is all. As if October is indeed when it will be releasing, let's just say that the hour is getting late and we have no confirmation as of yet.

Edited by ironcreed

I'm starting to get a bit worried as well. As far as I read , the October 27th date has never been officially set-upon*; the game was always just supposed to come in 'October'. But no date has been pegged, a possible month from release? I wouldn't mind if they postponed to improve the game, but I do think it'll hurt there sales chances because of the competition coming up (Mass Effect 2 , Splinter Cell Conviction, etc.)

But hey better a delayed game than game that is really good for 99%, but has a couple of fun-killing problems that could have been fixed.

The idea of stealth gameplay is cool -- but a stealth game launch :p ? Not so much hehe.

*= feel free to correct me if I'm wrong

Edited by kreese12

I'm starting to get a bit worried as well. As far as I read , the October 27th date has never been officially set-upon*; the game was always just supposed to come in 'October'. But no date has been pegged, a possible month from release? I wouldn't mind if they postponed to improve the game, but I do think it'll hurt there sales chances because of the competition coming up (Mass Effect 2 , Splinter Cell Conviction, etc.)

But hey better a delayed game than game that is really good for 99%, but has a couple of fun-killing problems that could have been fixed.

The idea of stealth gameplay is cool -- but a stealth game launch :) ? Not so much hehe.

*= feel free to correct me if I'm wrong

lol well said.. i wouldnt mind a delayed release if it means perfection as well.. just being in the dark for a very personally anticipated game is not fun at all. I was also excited about TGS until someone said something about AP not being featured :p.. sucks.

Well the Twitter feed was updated 6 hours ago, but yeah, I am also getting a bit anxious. On a positive note, Virtua Tennis 2009 was slated for a May release by Sega for ages, and it wasn't until a couple of weeks beforehand that the official date was announced.

Thx Warren :p

My guess is it's down to the wire for them -- they are tentatively still planning for the 27th, but are going on last-minute demo feedback, and day-to-day progress, before making the final decision to launch or not. I'm not sure about this, but I think the final-final-final deadline to decide for them would be about 3 weeks before launch date -- they need at least that time to get the gold master to the production facilities with time to ship. If it is coming out the 27th, a zero-day patch wouldn't surprise me.

I'm really eager to play the game, but ya , if they delay it that's totally understandable .

Thx Warren :(

My guess is it's down to the wire for them -- they are tentatively still planning for the 27th, but are going on last-minute demo feedback, and day-to-day progress, before making the final decision to launch or not. I'm not sure about this, but I think the final-final-final deadline to decide for them would be about 3 weeks before launch date -- they need at least that time to get the gold master to the production facilities with time to ship. If it is coming out the 27th, a zero-day patch wouldn't surprise me.

I'm really eager to play the game, but ya , if they delay it that's totally understandable .

I agree, but I doubt that "demo feedback" has much of anything to do with it. At this point, it's all about hunting and killing bugs. They'll release the game as quickly as they can once QA decides that it is clean enough to go to the public.

Hmm you don't think ? (I honestly don't know) . I'd imagine if all the game journo's, or most of the people at the hands-on events, all had the same criticism (i.e 'the game is wrecked because of the AI is weak-sauce!') , that maybe they'd think it would be a good idea to hold back on release to fix whatever the common complaint was .

If that isn't the case, then whats the point of having hands-on events with NDA's preventing people from talking about the game? Surely it isn't just to advertise the game for the few hundreds of ppl lucky enough to play it at the event. I imagine they would use the events as a method of generating feedback on what needs work -- and if ppl were particularly upset about one thing they could fix, maybe they'd hold off the game to fix it.

I could be wrong , but that's the way I see it anyways.

i think people have far too much expectations about A.I these days. I understand how important it is to some people but to me it doesn't matter. Some of my favorite games have lowsy A.I but that doesn't make them any less enjoyable.

If they don't like the a.i just don't but the game, simple as that but for those of us who are waiting with bated breath on the release of this game i feel that as long as the game works and is playable which i believe it is just release it

i%20am%20el%20kabong.png

Some of my favorite games have lowsy A.I but that doesn't make them any less enjoyable.

Of course they do, because with decent AI they would have been much more enjoyable.

October 27th confirmed?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"