Unit 731

lord of flies

The origins of Unit 731 were simple: Japanese officials figured that, since germ warfare had been banned by the Geneve Protocol of 1925, it had to make a good weapon. In its time, Unit 731 killed anywhere between 3000 to 200,000 civilians and prisoners of war, and the developments in biological warfare made by it and other similar units were used to kill many more. In early November, 1941, for example, Unit 731 dispatched an airplane to spread bubonic plague at Changte.

At first we infected women with syphilis by injection. But this method did not produce real research results. Syphilis is normally transmitted through direct contact. Investigating the course of the disease can offer no useful results unless it is acquired this way. And so we followed a system of direct infection through sexual contact.
But beyond these simple, almost bland facts, lies something much more horrifying than that.
The fellow knew that it was over for him and so he didn't struggle when 'they led him into the room and tied him down. But when I picked up the scalpel, that's when he began screaming.

I cut him open from the chest to the stomach and he screamed terribly and his face was all twisted in agony. He made this unimaginable sound, he was screaming so horribly. But then finally he stopped. This was all in a day's work for the surgeons, but it really left an impression on me because it was my first time.

In the end, though some westerners are loathe to admit, there were scattered accomplishments. I have seen people claim that the people in Unit 731 were crazy sadists who accomplished nothing and produced only worthless ****. This is not, however, true: Unit 731 proved that the best treatment for frostbite was immersion in water between 100 and 122 degrees. This "crazy nips" theory reeks of racism, to be honest, and tends to be coupled with the idea that Nazi science accomplished much more.

The method of discovering this was, of course, horrifying. Live humans were used to experiment, including a three-day-old infant.

Of course there were experiments on children. But probably their fathers were spies. There's a possibility this could happen again, because in a war, you have to win.
Unit 731, for its horrifying techniques, did do quite well at its purpose. Its developments in biological weapons succeeded; many refined samples were used to kill many Chinese civilians.
In order to obtain accurate data from dissection, researchers want to have the maruta in as normal a state as possible. Usually they were put to sleep with chloroform, but some were tied down and cut open while fully conscious. At first the maruta would let out a hideous scream, but soon the voice would stop.
Many former members of Unit 731 attended on the side of the United States in the Korean War. They were there because the United States was using BW and was unable to protect its own troops.
One of the former researchers I located told me that one day he had a human experiment scheduled, but there was still time to kill. So he and another unit member took the keys to the cells and opened one that housed a Chinese woman. One of the unit members raped her; the other member took the keys and opened another cell. There was a chinese woman in there who had been used in a frostbite experiment. She had several fingers missing and here bones were black, with gangrene set in. He was about to rape her anyway, then he saw that her sex organ was festering, with pus oozing to the surface. He gave up the idea, left, and locked the door, then later went on to his experimental work.

General Shiro Ishii, the head of Unit 731, was allowed to live until his death of natural causes in 1959.

Yeah, i've read some info before about Unit 731. There should be a very detailed report floating around the 'net about the post WWII-trial held in the Soviet Union that covered some of Unit 731's atrocities, but i can not find a link at the moment. The reasons on why it is much more unheard of compared to the Waffen-SS and Einzatzgruppen is that, compared to Germany, Japan has been really silent on its atrocities in the second world war.

But i am sure that those guys were really nasty; After all, the thrash-metal band Slayer has a song called 'Unit 731' on their upcoming album :lol:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

the best treatment for frostbite was immersion in water between 100 and 122 degrees.

I assume that's not using normal centigrades, but rather some odd foreign temperature scale?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Hardly a shocking new revelation.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Must be, because both 100K and 100C would be very bad to put your feet in, on two separate ends of the scale.

science joke!

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

lord of flies is just jealous that Japan has become a respectable and prosperous nation built upon the back of striped pantsu and loli groping. All the while China is still a bunch of natives wandering awkwardly in the 21th century. No one cares about your anti-nippon propaganda. China sucks, Japan is superior, get over it kid.

Edited by theslug

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Yeah, i've read some info before about Unit 731. There should be a very detailed report floating around the 'net about the post WWII-trial held in the Soviet Union that covered some of Unit 731's atrocities, but i can not find a link at the moment. The reasons on why it is much more unheard of compared to the Waffen-SS and Einzatzgruppen is that, compared to Germany, Japan has been really silent on its atrocities in the second world war.
Actually, the Allies decided to use Germany's war atrocities as a propaganda tool, and this caused German nationalism to damned near disappear for a good while following the war. However, Japanese war atrocities were allowed to slip under the rug, and many of its members (such as the leader, Shiro Ishii) got away clean, some even returning to assist the United States in the Korean War.

I knew there had to be an anti-US agit-prop in there somewhere.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

No one cares about your anti-nippon propaganda. China sucks, Japan is superior, get over it kid.

China rules, Japan smells.

The reconciliation between Japan and the US after WW2 was quick, which was a good thing (since you wouldn't have wanted a "treaty of Versailles"), but admittedly there were lots of crimes that were allowed to slip away unpunished. Germany was of course more harshly treated, but because of the partition of Germany it's not really possible to compare the two countries here. Also, I believe the Sino-Japanese war was fought with far more civilian casualties than WW2 in Europe (minus the Soviet Union). I'd say that we should look forward and be happy that Japan currently has no belligerent tendencies.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"