What are you playing now?

SteveThaiBinh

I am hanging around waiting for a new single player rpg. I finished Neverwinter Knights 2.

Diablo 3 looks like a potentially good place to start.

You'll be waiting for a while, the soonest it will be out is 2011.

Try Mask of the Betrayer, if you haven't already.

Also, check Boo's signature and don't pay to close attention to the categories.

Edited by Purkake

What's Loom?

Glad you asked. :lol:

(Now available on Steam)

Just finished Secret of Monkey Island. This made me chuckle. :)

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

What's Loom?

Most unique LucasArts adventure ever... since all puzzles solving involves music (literally weaving songs). On hardest difficulty, one does not even see the 'notes' one needs for weaving and has to rely solely on one's ears.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Just letting everyone know... Kotor 1 is now available on STEAM. :)

If it were on GoG.com I would have gotten it in a heart-beat, but since it's Steam... Maybe. A very, very slim maybe. :lol:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Boo: You might want to allow "enemies drop all their stuff" option in the preferances (or the ini editor). Without it only the stuff in "enemy inventory" can drop and they don't carry anything usable.

With drop all enabled, you would have gotten a few rifles, an AR or two even before the counter attack. After the attack, your sector inventory coul hit 1000+ items. (Thou this does give you a good advantage till 1/2 of the game

To defend against the attack without the only exploit (the AI still can't destroy wallls to gain entry to buildings and they can't blindfire into the buildings through walls to force you out) left in the game, you need to hire some heavy duty mercs for 1 day at the beginning and use them, ira and your IMP to defeat the attack using pre planned positions, traps and crossfires. After the attack you will have to release them as your finances wont be able to keep them on the field more than a day or three (and you can't blitz like the vanilla and capture everycity other than Meduna before first week ends.)

IG. We kick ass and not even take names.

Boo: You might want to allow "enemies drop all their stuff" option in the preferances (or the ini editor). Without it only the stuff in "enemy inventory" can drop and they don't carry anything usable.

This option completely destroys the game, imo.

If you are going to do that then you should raise the diffciulty level to Insane and just give yourself all the best guns and gear right at the start, since it becomes way too easy at any other difficulty level.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Is it really only stuff in enemy inventory?

I know in the base game they do indeed drop weapons from time to time.

They do. They drop weapons, armor, gear. I don't know how the drop chance percentages are calculated, but they appear to be able to drop anything they are using, wearing, equipping, or carrying. The % chance of getting a really useful drop are fairly low though.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I think there is a 1/36 or 1/48 chance (don't ask where the chances are from. I seem to remember a thread on Bear's pit but couldn't find it) for an enemy to drop his weapon.

The rest of the stuff (medkits, ammo, armor) are actually in the enemy's inventory and he doesn't use them at all (Sort of like a walking, gun toting chest).

I know drop all does make the game easier, but I hated the normal, non-scavenging mode more.

IG. We kick ass and not even take names.

Yeah. I find the first time I encounter someone using a new weapon, they often seem to drop it that first time though. At least in 1.07.

Would be awesome if that were true, but I think you've just had some luck there. A little luck is a good thing.

The drop calculations in 1.07 were probably different though but it's so long since I played a game of 1.07, that I couldn't compare it to 1.13.

If you are going to do that then you should raise the diffciulty level to Insane and just give yourself all the best guns and gear right at the start, since it becomes way too easy at any other difficulty level.

In 1.13 the drops are balanced to your level, so you should enable that option. It wont make the game harder or easier, just provide a way for you to get medium-quality equipment without having to scurry back and forth to fetch stuff from Drassen airport.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I think there is a 1/36 or 1/48 chance (don't ask where the chances are from. I seem to remember a thread on Bear's pit but couldn't find it) for an enemy to drop his weapon.

The rest of the stuff (medkits, ammo, armor) are actually in the enemy's inventory and he doesn't use them at all (Sort of like a walking, gun toting chest).

Interesting. I didn't know that. SO if an enemy drops a spectra vest and an NVG3, they weren't actually using them?

Is each soldier equipped with items that simply don't drop? It appears obvious in playing that not all soldiers are wearing the same armor or wearing NVGs. Items that they drop usually corrlate as well to items they were using. And ammo correlates to the weapon when both drop together.

I know drop all does make the game easier, but I hated the normal, non-scavenging mode more.

Yeah, my only thing is that when the human player is as well equipped as the AI, the human player wins because the human player can out think the AI and given the same resources can use them better.

In 1.13 the drops are balanced to your level, so you should enable that option. It wont make the game harder or easier, just provide a way for you to get medium-quality equipment without having to scurry back and forth to fetch stuff from Drassen airport.

Is that a setting in the ini?

The only things I change relative to drops is that I set the drop style to Old. I don't know what the difference is, but I try to keep as many of the settings as I can close to the original Jag 2.

No, its an option in game the game menu when you start a new game. There are probably one or three settings in the *.ini that allows you to tweak it, but I just left it as it was. And it set the drop style to old aswell, there is a bug or some such in 1.13 when the game cant read from the new equipment lists, it doesnt drop anything at all.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "