Any word on how we'll maintain stealth?

Ok, so we can stealth into missions. However, at least in the lower levels, there will certainly be periods were one's cover will be blown. Has Obsidian detailed or explored whether we'll be given the means to minimize the damage of being spotted?

This falls into a few categories of inquiry.

1. Once our cover has been blown has it been detailed whether or not all guards will instantly descend upon us? i.e. Are alerts localized to the immediate vicinity unless alarms are hit?
  2. Will we be able to resume cover through some means? (hiding, gadgets, etc)
  3. How gradated is the alert system? Will there be intermediate stages between the extremes?
  4. Can non-lethally eliminated guards be found and reactivated?

Humm.. felt like there should be more but it's late where I am. I'll just leave it at these few inquires for now.

It would be nice if we had the opportunity to stay undercover so long as we eliminate (fatally or otherwise) whomever spotted us in a timely manner.

I'm a big stealth nut. No, this game probably won't give me my Thief: Dark Project fix but I hope this has been a fully fleshed out aspect of the game play (content-wise). Though many RPGs have implemented stealth, very few have made them legitimate experiences and not merely secondary to the face-to-face approach. Deus Ex, Fallout 1 and Oblivion (for all its faults) are the only RPGs I can think of that have done a service to the stealth player (each gave legitimately unique experiences, in regards to content, to those that engaged the play style) .

Edited by Anarchosyn

1. Will we be able to resume cover through some means? (hiding, gadgets, etc)

Yes, with a gadget.

*throws a box of TNT off the roof*

NSF soldier: "Must have been the wind".

Best game evar.

[*]Can non-lethally eliminated guards be found and reactivated?

I would also like to know this. (& i hope tranqing people has a cool animation)

Was that a mgs reference? (sorry, running on no sleep)

Do we know the gadget?

Has it been confirmed to be the only means?

Radio mimic. Mike calls in that the alarm is fake/threat neutralized.

There was some talk about waiting 'till the guards call off the alarm, but I can't remember if it was theory, question or statement.

good god get deus ex and get some proper gaming under your belt

thanks, but no thanks.. just like an RPG, i chose my own path.. why judge?

You're interested in AP, but not Deus Ex? Well, your loss.

yea my loss.. why are you guys so concerned if its my loss? keep it moving. i came here for AP.. not be judged on what games i choose to play.

dudes got a point. I bet im the only one that'll say that I liked Oblivion way more than Baldurs Gate, D&D, Etc., and I liked Fallout 3 more than Fallout 1, 2, tactics, etc.

salamando.gif

build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

But you played them and found out firsthand.

Personally, what I find most interesting is how vehemently uninterested he is :) He could've just not played it, but instead chose to publicly post his intent not to do so. Best way to avoid being "judged" on something is not to announce it to the world.

But you played them and found out firsthand.

Personally, what I find most interesting is how vehemently uninterested he is >_< He could've just not played it, but instead chose to publicly post his intent not to do so. Best way to avoid being "judged" on something is not to announce it to the world.

He didnt really annoucne it to the world, he thought it was a MGS reference and you guys are all like "Deus Ex! Deus Ex!"

salamando.gif

build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

He didnt really annoucne it to the world, he thought it was a MGS reference and you guys are all like "Deus Ex! Deus Ex!"

I consider all posts voluntary in nature and subject to unnecessary scrutiny. I was also honestly curious why one espionage-themed ARPG interested him and not the other.

I consider all posts voluntary in nature and subject to unnecessary scrutiny. I was also honestly curious why one espionage-themed ARPG interested him and not the other.

do you want a mini autobiography explaining why? ok i've fallen for your trap, but im not a very interesting person.

My first console was a Sony PlayStation. The first RPG game I ever saw in action was Final fantasy 7 & I hated it. Pretty much EVERY RPG was like that. So i never paid any mind to RPG's after that. Secondly, I hate FPS--always have, always will. I upgraded to PS2 around 2003/2004. I was never they type to buy games just because people say they're good.

Looking back at the first pagraph, please tell me how many reasons I have for being interested in Alpha Protocol and not deus ex.

My first RPG was Fallout 3 & it has more to offer to my benefit than Deus EX would. & judging from the info i've gathered on alpha protocol, I expect it to satisfy ME more than Fallout 3 has [for an RPG]. I think its nice that so many people like Deus ex and vouch for it as much as you guys do. But it becomes a problem when your ignorance blinds you from the fact that not everyone are into the same games/genre as you, no matter how good it may be. Also to whoever said it was my loss, that was very ignorant.(refer to first paragraph).

Lastly, as i've said before, i am here for Alpha Protocol. The majority of you guys seem cool, thus driving me to register and be a part of your fine community. BUT, from all the crap i'm getting about Deus Ex, you'd think this wasnt the forum for Alpha protocol. Why am i even being questioned for liking this game?

I can't believe you've never played Deus Ex and never plan to. >_<

Edit: In response to your post directly above this one - no one cares about your 'past'. We're just telling you that you're missing out on one of the best RPGs around and that you'd enjoy it immensely. If somebody did that to me I'd thank them!

Edited by Krezack

I can't believe you've never played Deus Ex and never plan to. >_<

Edit: In response to your post directly above this one - no one cares about your 'past'. We're just telling you that you're missing out on one of the best RPGs around and that you'd enjoy it immensely. If somebody did that to me I'd thank them!

Hmmm....

personally, I didnt even know Deus Ex existed until I signed up on this forum, and when everyone started talkin about it, i looked it up on gamespot and saw it as a "meh" game. If it was at a garage sale, id probably buy it, but im not gonna blow any more than 5 bucks on a game just because everyone says its good.

Pac-man wins.

salamando.gif

"Hey guys, it was released in 2000 so it must suck."

You can get it for $10 on Steam. You don't have to play it, but if everyone says something is good, there might be something to it.

yea thats what ive been trying to say, but this argument just keeps going in circles. & i never even said anything bad about the game, aside from its not for me. idk whats so hard to understand about that.

You can get it for $10 on Steam. You don't have to play it, but if everyone says something is good, there might be something to it.

yea thats what ive been trying to say, but this argument just keeps going in circles. & i never even said anything bad about the game, aside from its not for me. idk whats so hard to understand about that.

I'm sorry, I was replying to AlphaPro, I discounted you from the "might ever play Deus Ex" list a page or two ago.

Everyone said HL2 was awesome. So I tried it and it sucked.

LEAVE HIM ALOOOONE.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"