Reactions

Walsingham

Rofl. So what exactly is it your doing?

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I was assuming (durr hurr) it was myself.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Actually, I agree that we're forced to make assumptions. We're also forced to make arbitrary decisions. Is the perfect speed limit 55? 35? How much of a risk is an acceptible risk? We can narrow things down, but folks make arbitrary decisions every single day. Do I want a sandwich right now or a bite of the Numbered One's steak? On the other hand, for a case like this, I'd like to have as accurate of information as possible. Of course, this is a message board, so we don't have to make the decision, thank God.

BTW: Has my license to make up random **** been renewed? hehehe Oh my goodness, you guys are great.

Also assumptions are not bad. Assumptions are educated guesses and we (myself and anyone who isn't a toaster) make assumptions every day. Just like when I walk outside to get the mail, I assume the sky isn't going to fall leading to an agonizingly horrible death. Assumptions are great. Is it easy to assume the children were abused? Of course. Is it a plausible and very likely probable cause for violent behavior? Yes. It's common sense. Of course it's entirely possible they weren't and they were screwed up from birth or some other reason or perhaps they didn't have a reason at all. People are screwy but that doesn't negate the fact that my reasoning was fairly sound.

You should read The Jigsaw Man.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Personally I don't think there is any hope for rehabilitation. Sooner teach a hawk to sing like a canary. Those boys are what they are, whatever label people wants to give them, they did unacceptable acts... even grinned to the social workers at the hearing!... doesn't seem likely they are candidates for a successful turn around. Putting them in a juvvie with other boys is only putting other boys who do have a chance to be decent contributing members of society at risk. Isolation, with each other! There is the ticket. We can point fingers all we want as to the why's and how's but the fact remains they did terrible harm and that is what needs addressing.