Heroes of Newerth & DotA

Humodour

So I just bought a copy of Heroes of Newerth (a self-professed DotA clone). I had the option because I'm a beta tester. I was the 23,870th beta tester to do so. It cost $30 USD.

That means they've made $716,100 USD on this game already and it's not even in stores yet.

Not bad eh?

Also, if anybody wants an invite, I have 4 available. It runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux. The file is about 250 megabytes (plus maybe another 100 in patches). Despite the size, the graphics are good (way better than DotA's).

Edited by Krezack

Did you buy from their site? If so, that's some pretty nice profits for them.

I don't want an invite, but I'm sure the game will be fun. Here's a screen for anyone who is actually interested:

11w3ofo.jpg

Maybe you should play Demigod and League of Legends and make some kind of a comparison thing.

So I just bought a copy of Heroes of Newerth (a self-professed DotA clone). I had the option because I'm a beta tester. I was the 23,870th beta tester to do so. It cost $30 USD.

That means they've made $716,100 USD on this game already and it's not even in stores yet.

Not bad eh?

Also, if anybody wants an invite, I have 4 available. It runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux. The file is about 250 megabytes (plus maybe another 100 in patches). Despite the size, the graphics are good (way better than DotA's).

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to report you for advertising.

Maybe you should play Demigod and League of Legends and make some kind of a comparison thing.

I've yet to play Demigod and have applied for a beta key for LoL but not got one yet, so we'll see. Frankly. in terms of raw similarity to DotA, HoN is what you want. LoL and Demigod are more evolutions of the genre. It's great to see DotA spawning real games though. Reminds me of Counterstrike.