Obsidian, you guys gotta delay Alpha Protocol until AFTER 2009

You are asking for yet another delay? I know one hing, Alpha Protocol is one of my most anticipated titles of the year and I already have it paid off. Yet if it gets delayed again, I am just going to cancel the preorder and put it towards something else. Hopefully they do not hear your plea....no offense. :*

Polish would be a big thing in this game's favour.

And if it were to come out after the hype for ME2 and DA:O had died down, it would have a better chance of selling. Plus, it would give more time to spool up the hype machine... There are some good arguments in favour of delaying the game's release.

OTOH, the technology is losing its appeal the longer it's unreleased, which could lead to negative reviews on release on grounds of "old" graphics.

Edited by Darth InSidious

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

And if it were to come out after the hype for ME2 and DA:O had died down, it would have a better chance of selling. Plus, it would give more time to spool up the hype machine... There are some good arguments in favour of delaying the game's release.

You know ME2 is out between Jan-March? Thats a long delay. I think releasing it before ME2 is a better decision.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

You know ME2 is out between Jan-March? Thats a long delay. I think releasing it before ME2 is a better decision.

True, but releasing later would have the advantage of pushing it clear of the hype of both. Releasing right before DA:O as is currently planned seems ill-advised, TBH. Putting it between both might be a wiser decision, IMO.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

You are asking for yet another delay?

The game has never been delayed before. A late 2009 release is certainly an early release for this game in the first place!

What? I remember back in Feb-March it was supposed to come out, yet here we are. I would call that a delay.

I'm gonna go with: "Obsidian its your choice whether to delay it or not. You are the professionals and we are the fans. Listening to us for advice on when to release the game is completely optional."

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

I actually wouldn't mind a delay considering in Rocktober both AP & Brutal Legend release. AP is set for a Rocktober release right?

I guess Modern Warfare 2 will be released but I'm apparently the only gamer on the planet that doesn't really care. I'm sure I'll get it eventually, but I can easily wait for MW2.

Whatever Obsidian feels comfortable with really. Don't get me wrong, I'm quite interested in AP, (preordered baby :) ) but I'm keeping my excitement low. I don't want a repeat of setting myself up for the second coming of Christ like I did with NwN 2 only to find the engine was horribly unoptimized or KotOR 2 where the story completely rocked, blowing away KotOR 1 and then bombed in the last section.