Animation

Game looks interesting, looking forward to it. One question though, has no one noticed how unbelievably awful the crouched sneaking animation is? Not one person on the dev team or any of the QA testers seems to have mentioned it. It's laughable. Looks like my grandad taking his dog for a walk. Am I alone?

Game looks interesting, looking forward to it. One question though, has no one noticed how unbelievably awful the crouched sneaking animation is? Not one person on the dev team or any of the QA testers seems to have mentioned it. It's laughable. Looks like my grandad taking his dog for a walk. Am I alone?

I think you're alone.

Crouch animation looks fine by me.

Hey look, I made an account to complain about stuff.

Can't we have some kind of post limit before you can make threads?

Then we'd just have established trolls instead of new people with actual concerns.

Personally, I can respect the decision not to post on a forum prior to a game's release unless you have a major gripe. The only reason I'm here is because Obs is the shizzle, I'm particularly stoked about AP, and information was available on the forums long before there was much in the way of previews and videos.

I don't think most of the posts on this forum "help" with anything except informing new people and goading the devs into providing info. Mostly it serves either those two purposes or is some kind of abstract discussion that people find interesting.

Also, I'd like to point out that my first post expressed skepticism about the CQC animations and eventually led to the devs posting which martial art they were using in the game.

Hey look, I made an account to complain about stuff.

Can't we have some kind of post limit before you can make threads?

lets have it right, I certainly didn't create an account to complain. I created an account to try and have some kind of impact on an aspect of the game. It may well be too late. I watched the vid with a load of mates and we all said the same thing. Games like this work on the suspension of disbelief, crappy animations affect this. It's not a game breaker. I'm not going to start a petition. Your ascerbic and condesending tone is both unneccessary and pathetically elitest.

Guest PoziomyPion

Well what can I say, to me the crouching animation looks fine, half of my family works in the police and I saw special forces training. It always looks kinda goofy, but it's normal really.

lets have it right, I certainly didn't create an account to complain. I created an account to try and have some kind of impact on an aspect of the game. It may well be too late. I watched the vid with a load of mates and we all said the same thing. Games like this work on the suspension of disbelief, crappy animations affect this. It's not a game breaker. I'm not going to start a petition. Your ascerbic and condesending tone is both unneccessary and pathetically elitest.

Great that you didn't start a petition, because they don't really work.

I believe my sarcastic response was both witty and accurate, since your mocking tone in the opening post did not seem very constructive. The game is coming out in a month, no one is going to change stuff this far into the development cycle.

How was I elitist, by the way? I didn't even disagree with your argument, I just noted it's lack of constructive content.

Try to do a crouch run yourself with your mates looking at it and comment on it.

Even Gears of War's roady run looks very stupid. But Epic cleverly positioned the camera with shaky motions in a waythat it looks awesome.

Splinter Cell managed to get away from the criticism since it doesn't have crouch run, but rather uses crouch steps (slower pace) to move around instead if I remember correctly.

Crouch walking is always weird. It's just the camera in AP shows it all with no shaking, no blur or anything to hide it, so it looks silly.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Splinter Cell managed to get away from the criticism since it doesn't have crouch run, but rather uses crouch steps (slower pace) to move around instead if I remember correctly.

He speaks the truth.

Let me get back to sleeping. I'm tired...

Either way, every game I've ever played has at least a couple wonky animations. Or texture art. Or modeling. You just become used to them and move on.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Slowbrain

lol. Haven't heard that one in a few years.

Anyways, I was tired of people assuming I was female.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Let's try to not derail this thread completely. I'm still waiting for my reply from the OP.

I don't think they're coming back. Your elitism must have offended them right out the door.

Wait, you weren't female?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I know six*.

Who was Slowtrain before, anyway? I can't keep track of this stuff.

*Okay, five and a half.