Any news on PS3 version anywhere?

Just curious as to why we have not seen any footage of the PS3 version? I have not even been able to find any hands on reports with the PS3 version of this game. I am sure it will be fine, but would still like to hear or see something as that is the version I have preordered. My 360 will be getting plenty of work with Dragon Age.

Just curious as to why we have not seen any footage of the PS3 version? I have not even been able to find any hands on reports with the PS3 version of this game. I am sure it will be fine, but would still like to hear or see something as that is the version I have preordered. My 360 will be getting plenty of work with Dragon Age.

If I'm not mistaken, a lot of the early footage that was shown was done so with the PS3 version of the game if the PS3 button icons during the conversation scenes were any indication. I don't recall much talk about any specific version of the game.

If I'm not mistaken, a lot of the early footage that was shown was done so with the PS3 version of the game if the PS3 button icons during the conversation scenes were any indication. I don't recall much talk about any specific version of the game.

Been the X360 icons in all the previews I've watched. And my work rate over the past few months says that I've looked at a lot of them.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Been the X360 icons in all the previews I've watched. And my work rate over the past few months says that I've looked at a lot of them.

Same here. I have watched every gameplay video I can find and it has all been 360 footage. They could at least release ONE video showcasing the game running on the PS3. I mean, there are those who plan to buy Alpha Protocol on that platform and would greatly appreciate it. Not expecting anything, though.

I know for a fact there is one... there was a topic earlier about the buttons in the DSS thingy, and someone linked to a PS3 video with the ps3 buttons... I don't recall which video it is though...

Man, it sure would be nice if you could find it.

Man, it sure would be nice if you could find it.

I'm sorry it took me so long I just now checked the forums again and saw this... um...

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/develope...-protocol/43183

Not seeing any PS3 in it... I mean, unless it's on the PS3 and the button was "greened out"... :ermm:

We've been showing off the PS3 builds to people at GamesCom and elsewhere, so we haven't been hiding it or anything.

In terms of video, we have an external company that handles our video editing. They generally prefer to work with the 360 when capturing (mostly because downloading two builds and transferring them over to capture machines takes a fair amount of time for them).

I'm sure we'll be recording some PS3-specific footage before the game comes out, though.

Matthew Rorie

Not seeing any PS3 in it... I mean, unless it's on the PS3 and the button was "greened out"... :)

Sorry it took me so long to reply...

Anyway if you look at the button prompts they are for the ps3... I'm positive at least one of the prompts is... the one were you use your lockpicks on the door has the ps3 triangle... unless the gametrailers dev diary is different from the one on youtube...

EDIT: and as I said before I know they have showed the ps3 buttons before... there was a video that showed them when you had that arms dealer dude with the red beret at gun point... you know the one that was all like "If you kill me you will never find your missile" or something like that...

DOUBLE EDIT!: Found it... after searching through pages of topics... http://forums.obsidian.net/index.php?showtopic=51818

Ok after reading through that apparently it was just an image and not a video... it's the image from GTTV on the second page of that thread...

Edited by EvilWolf

People are worrying too much. Obsidian can't afford to ship an inferior PS3 version. Think of the impending nerd rage.

I would be kinda upset that my favorite console got the shaft, but if the system recommendations on steam are correct I should be able to play it on my PC... so... It wouldn't bother me THAT bad...

People are worrying too much. Obsidian can't afford to ship an inferior PS3 version. Think of the impending nerd rage.

Obviously you're living on a different planet than I am. So far the only publisher to ever ship a PS3 version that was not inferior was Electronic Arts with Red Alert 3. And yes, they shipped that roughly six months after the other versions. I love my ps3 to pieces, but so far it's seriously dragging behind on multiplatform games. Partially because all the really good PS3 exclusive games use solutions - like deferred shading - that seem to work best on its peculiar architecture.