360 Controller Support in PC Version?

Although I understand the question, i find myself used to play with the controller on the xbox, so i connect it to the PC on other occasions as well. So, although the answer is not interesting to me, i'd like to see this answered.

Is their any official word from Obsidian about controller support in the PC version? I'm not looking for a "which is better argument", just an answer please.
The game is part of the Games fow Windows thing. I believe there are some requirements to use the Xbox 360 controller (if possible), but I am not sure...

Yay. I don't really like the keyboard, always need to find that "v" key before the dog bites my throat out.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Is their any official word from Obsidian about controller support in the PC version? I'm not looking for a "which is better argument", just an answer please.
The game is part of the Games fow Windows thing. I believe there are some requirements to use the Xbox 360 controller (if possible), but I am not sure...

All Games for Windows requires is that if you support a controller, you have to support the 360 controller (in addition to any other gamepad/wheel/stick)

I believe we are going to support it.

Great to hear. All I needed to pull the trigger on the Steam preorder.

All Games for Windows requires is that if you support a controller, you have to support the 360 controller (in addition to any other gamepad/wheel/stick)
I believe its not required (I mean look at the list of GfW games, there are many strategy games and some MMOs).

It is definitely not mandatory for GFW games to have 360 controller support. Only if the game can be put onto a controller will it happen. Like the Witcher is GFW and that doesn't have 360 controller support for a good reason. But I'm glad this game is getting it... I'm still on the edge which I should use: keyboard & mouse or gamepad.

Edited by ChaoSwordsman

It's a good thing my mouse has a third and fourth button, but I still preferred the controller since you always have your finger on the right thumbstick, so the reaction is somewhat faster.

But really, I first played shooters like Halo, so controllers are much more comfortable.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

*insert obligatory trolling of people who don't realize the awesome that is mouse & keyboard here*

I have both now (for my PC). Some of those games developed for console first, ported late, are easier to navigate with that little lump of twisted plastic called Xbox360 (Genuine Microsoft Advantage ®) controller :(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Mouse? Controller? Heh. Thanks, but no thanks, n00bs. I think I'll use the ultimate control scheme: trackpad. If you can't own dudes with a trackpad, you don't deserve to own dudes.

Track pads are the unwanted bastard children of the pointing device world. No one should be forced to use one of those horrible things. Track point > track pad.

Yay. I don't really like the keyboard, always need to find that "v" key before the dog bites my throat out.

Personally I found it easiest to just map the knife and grenade chucking to the two buttons on the left side of my mouse, where my thumb lies. This is especially required in COD multiplayer, where being able to knife someone before they knife you will wind up netting you a few hundred kills over the course of a multiplayer career.

But yeah, finding that V key is a pain.

Matthew Rorie