Xbox360achievements top 10

I also liked what they had to say about Borderlands.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

I didn't read the preview, but I did read the initial link. My only wish is that Obsidian would get out of the Bioware's shadow. I haven't played Mass Effect. I've toyed with the idea several times, but never did. I'm not buying Alpha Protocol because it's a good Mass Effect clone. I'm buying it because it looks like a good modern day spy RPG, which seems to be sorely lacking in today's market.

Well, that rant aside, I am looking forward to AP. If the Mass Effect association helps it sell well, and if I enjoy it, I guess I don't have any right to complain. :biggrin:

AP isn't a clone of Mass Effect, except in the sense that both games belong to roughly the same genre.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

AP isn't a clone of Mass Effect, except in the sense that both games belong to roughly the same genre.
Its action RPG, it has 3rd person camera, it uses Unreal Engine 3, it has somewhat similar dialogue and RPG systems, the main character is male with short hair, ...

the main character is male with short hair, ...

You can change his hairstyles. Maybe even an Afro :( .

Anyways, this is what caught my eye

Alpha Protocol is out in North America October 6th, and currently undated (other than October 2009) in Europe.

Does that mean that the delay is only for European countries? Sweet!

salamando.gif

build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

the main character is male with short hair, ...

Newp, the main character in ME is a girlie voiced by the AWESOME Jennifer Hale.

Possibly, at least. :(

Will the last reveal before the game ships be Michaela Thorton? :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

You can change his hairstyles. Maybe even an Afro :( .
Newp, the main character in ME is a girlie voiced by the AWESOME Jennifer Hale.
Yeah, I know there are these options, but the poster boy for both games is this (generic) short haired male...

And yes, Jennifer Hale is AWESOME.

Edited by uzivatel

I didn't read the preview, but I did read the initial link. My only wish is that Obsidian would get out of the Bioware's shadow. I haven't played Mass Effect. I've toyed with the idea several times, but never did. I'm not buying Alpha Protocol because it's a good Mass Effect clone. I'm buying it because it looks like a good modern day spy RPG, which seems to be sorely lacking in today's market.

Well, that rant aside, I am looking forward to AP. If the Mass Effect association helps it sell well, and if I enjoy it, I guess I don't have any right to complain. :p

Agreed, I guess they really needed to drive that association across to help market it. Well that and I guess they felt the need to stir up some controversy too with sex in games, since AP is still flying way under the radar. The only problem is AP looks no where near as good as ME.. almost every preview I've read has said the game looks rather dull. Which is really a shame, because I'm sure a lot more people would be excited about it and it wouldn't continue to be buried.

See, now ME looked boring to me. One of the few Bio games I haven't bought. I like the modern spy game approach and I'm looking forward to Alpha Protocol. I haven't read a lot of previews but the ones I've seen have looked positive. *shrug* I guess different strokes for different folks.

Its action RPG, it has 3rd person camera, it uses Unreal Engine 3, it has somewhat similar dialogue and RPG systems, the main character is male with short hair, ...

Mass Effect, however, is a squad based action game, and doesn't have proper melee combat, nor stealth. Not a clone, unless you think that, say, Torment is a clone of Baldur's Gate.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: