Michael Thorton's Twitter feed

PDA got confiscated... again. Place should be called Omerta Protocol. Am hacking into Darcy's computer in the interim.

new twitter feed...don't quite see the full symbolism if any...though from what i gather...

AP has been taken by sega to look at more closely

Place should be about getting things down with out the use of the higher ups. IE) sega should leave Obsidian to their work and get off their backs.

fooling around waiting for sega (or that critic who said it wasn't rpg enough and too hard) a.k.a darcy to come say whats the final word.

Just my speculation and interpretation based off of some of the earlier interpretations and whatnot.

Fear is an illusion of the mind. Pain is an illusion of the senses.

If actions speak louder than words, how can the pen be mightier than the sword

Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and... boring

PDA got confiscated... again. Place should be called Omerta Protocol. Am hacking into Darcy's computer in the interim.

new twitter feed...don't quite see the full symbolism if any...though from what i gather...

Maybe Mike has been cut off from communicating directly with the outside world. He has to improvise communications at the moment?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Should know if the virus worked within the next 24 hours when they return my PDA.

They took my PDA to upgrade the software, so I placed a virus on it - when it's hooked up to the mainframe, I'll have full server access.

about 1 hour ago from web

any idea as to what the hidden message is in these ones? best i got is that tomorrow we will know more

Should know if the virus worked within the next 24 hours when they return my PDA.

They took my PDA to upgrade the software, so I placed a virus on it - when it's hooked up to the mainframe, I'll have full server access.

about 1 hour ago from web

any idea as to what the hidden message is in these ones? best i got is that tomorrow we will know more

Obsidian will either know more or tell us more about the release date within 24 hours.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

i have maybe too imagination or a too exited to play a spy but... from the twitter feed. i interpret...

PDA = Current build of alpha protocol ( maybe Gold Master ?)

Omerta = Rule of silence

Software Upgrade = Game internal Q/A review process

Virus = Acceptation of the current build

If the build is approved for release, the official release date will be known tomorrow !

That seems too plausible to not be true. Quick, contact Kotaku!

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Hmm, it does sound like they're simply having certification difficulties, not surprising since we're talking about Obs. Perhaps retailers just made up a 2010 date when they found out the game was being delayed by an unspecified amount.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

The cert process can be tough as I'm learning.

Man you just gave me a shock (sorta >_< ). I thought you quoted "MT's" latest twitter message there. Given the ambiguous nature of the feed, that would probably have meant that a delay was certain. Good thing I was wrong, so we can keep guessing. :thumbsup:

Hmm, it does sound like they're simply having certification difficulties, not surprising since we're talking about Obs. Perhaps retailers just made up a 2010 date when they found out the game was being delayed by an unspecified amount.

Did anybody think the retailers had any better notion than we do? Do they ever? Hard dates tend to get released publicly as soon as they're available to private institutions. It's a well known aspect of the retail business that they make up dates all the time for book keeping purposes.

I'm rolling with the supposed June 2010 date since it works better with my schedule but AP could drop in November for all we know..

Edited by Anarchosyn

that "Spaghetti" code that thorton talks about...is that linked to glitches and crashes and stuff that they are trying to clean up and straighten out?

because spaghetti code isn't that like some term for badly written and over complex code? i just running off of what i remember from school and computer sciences and whatnot... correct me if i'm wrong

so then is the issue with them having difficulty debugging and changing things with out screwing up the game else where?

hence even simple changes are now complex and time consuming

I doubt the twitter messages are as revealing as you guys are making it out; maybe the original SCEA reference, but that's about it.

In other news, since the twitter deal was obviously part of the pre-release hype machine, I wonder what will happen now. It would kill MCA to do it for 8 more months.

that "Spaghetti" code that thorton talks about...is that linked to glitches and crashes and stuff that they are trying to clean up and straighten out?

because spaghetti code isn't that like some term for badly written and over complex code? i just running off of what i remember from school and computer sciences and whatnot... correct me if i'm wrong

Spaghetti code is code that jumps around all over the place, making it difficult to trace the flow of the program. Things such as "GOTOs" are usually the prime example.

so then is the issue with them having difficulty debugging and changing things with out screwing up the game else where?

hence even simple changes are now complex and time consuming

That's pretty much the issue for any bug finding late in a project. Spaghetti code makes it much worse, but even without spaghetti code it's still a huge problem, because problems that weren't properly solved earlier in development end up having stuff built on top of it, working around the problem. So when you fix that problem, other stuff breaks. It's why bug fixing at the end of the project becomes very expensive, and you have to make a lot of decisions of "is this worth possibly breaking other stuff?"

Edited by alanschu

No less so when Choice & Consequence mechanics are a major selling point.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein