Michael Thorton's Twitter feed

Wow a lot of games seem to be doing this now.

First Batman, now this.

yea thats an awful lot.

but nah, i do see this turning into a new trend & personally, i wouldnt mind it at all. it gives me some subtle insight to the characters & story.. lol i will forever remember, "Still curious who's Darcy's harassing, though and who the "MTang" address is - Maria Tang? Marla? Hell, could be Martin for all I know."

... hilarious!.. i later found out its a woman, Maria Tang. i havent looked up on all the characters yet. i dont wanna spoil everything for myself.

First Batman, now this.

yea thats an awful lot.

but nah, i do see this turning into a new trend & personally, i wouldnt mind it at all. it gives me some subtle insight to the characters & story.. lol i will forever remember, "Still curious who's Darcy's harassing, though and who the "MTang" address is - Maria Tang? Marla? Hell, could be Martin for all I know."

... hilarious!.. i later found out its a woman, Maria Tang. i havent looked up on all the characters yet. i dont wanna spoil everything for myself.

Mina*

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

First Batman, now this.

yea thats an awful lot.

Mina*

lol oopsies.. thanks.. shows how much i looked up on the characters.

You know, this Twitter feed idea is pretty good. I'm starting to like this Mike Thorton character.

yep true that.. i like how he calls everyone a douche, pokes fun at their names & jokes about Darcy being a sexual harasser.. my thorton might just be as sarcastic as his twitter.

Now tell Kotaku so you can actually get some advertising.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Okay, I'm terrible at seeing irony and everything, but if THAT is not a jab at a recent "polemic" around Alpha Protocol, I don't know what it is :

One doctor said my symptoms are "even less of an illness than the traditional version of the illness" - whatever that means.

Okay, the previous entry is also a reference to the same thing!

Edited by Sannom

Okay, I'm terrible at seeing irony and everything, but if THAT is not a jab at a recent "polemic" around Alpha Protocol, I don't know what it is :

One doctor said my symptoms are "even less of an illness than the traditional version of the illness" - whatever that means.

Okay, the previous entry is also a reference to the same thing!

"... initial level of tests were more challenging than the doctors thought..."

Yup, definitely a jab. >_<

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Haha... lol ...! I didn't even connect the dots with those things. That's pretty funny.

I'm going to have to bring my irony sensor into the mechanic's shop and have it checked out.

Edit: Aw shucks. I hope "Looks like the initial level of tests were more challenging than the doctors thought, so medical's keeping me for another day." isn't a sneaky hint though that Sega wants to delay the game because they don't 'get' or recognize the greatness of Alpha Protocol though.

If this is the case, for the love of humanity stay strong Obsidian and don't let any dumb-asses convince you that you need to change anything! You guys know good game design better than some product tester who may measure everything against the latest sales of Guitar Hero....

Edited by kreese12

"One doctor said my symptoms are "even less of an illness than the traditional version of the illness" - whatever that means."

Great jab at the "not RPG enough" statement.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

^I don't really get this one. "The evaluator said the features are even less RPG-ish than a traditional RPG"?

More or less.

Lets compare snippets of info...

Michael Foster, product evaluator, said AP felt barely RPG. Initial level too challenging for players.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein