Mass Effect 360: New DLC available

Guest Slinky

So you got lucky.

No way in hell I'm gonna buy it. It's 5.95€ over here (8.5$) and I'm not going to use EA Downloader:

"Regular purchase allows redownload of the purchased game for up to 6 months. When you purchase the download extenstion service option, you are able to redownload the game for 2 years. Selecting the option applies to all the products in your shopping cart. Please view this page for more information."

EA can **** my ***

Edited by Slinky

From what I've been able to gather this wasn't even developed by Bioware, but instead by some inexperienced dev studio called Demiurge that has worked on multiplayer maps (which explains everything with Pinnacle Station).

I've honestly never felt more ripped off by DLC before and I've downloaded quite a bit. :shifty: The reason there was no announcement about this and it just seemed to pop up from nowhere is they knew it was garbage and hoped as many suckers like me would wake up in the morning and grab it in excitement for new Mass Effect content.

Guest Slinky

The whole PC port was made by Demiurge, which probably explains most of the bugs in it.

Edited by Slinky

I would imagine that this has already earned back several times what it cost to make.

Bioware did drop the ball with Mass Effect DLC, it's one thing Bethesda has NAILED for FO3, love it or hate it, they've delivered loads of content consistantly.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Operation Anchorage kinda sucked, apparently.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

As did Mothership Zeta, but all of the DLCs were a lot more meaty than this, which might be the source of the complaint.

Operation Anchorage kinda sucked, apparently.

Every other sentence... "commie". First time ever for me playing a game where I got annoyed with reading/listening to dialogue enough to stop playing altogether. :bat:

Edited by Syraxis

Actually Bio didn't even make Pinnacle Station. It was subcontracted to Demiurge.

And while explains the quality, Bio still put there name on it.

Wonder if the apartment you win carries over into ME2. Mind you I don't really understand why you need one in ME.

Edited by Bos_hybrid
cylon_basestar_eye.gif

I agree that BioWare has dropped the ball with DLC (they did with NWN too IMO), but if Demiurge had any class whatsoever (and I'll assume that they do), they would insist that BioWare attach it's name to the DLC, since it's for a BioWare game.

Why are people so down on the DLC? Is it really worse than the Uncharted Worlds? If not, you knew what to expect.

The uncharted worlds are a blast to explore compared to this. Then again I actually enjoyed the uncharted worlds. Also, how was I to know what to expect? I enjoyed Mass Effect for what it was and while I was a fool to download Pinnacle Station right upon seeing it I had a bit of faith in Bioware. Sure, their ad campaign for Dragon Age is idiotic, they don't seem to know who they are targetting, and I disliked Jade Empire I didn't realize that they would release/allow to be released something of such low quality that it looks like some mod makers threw it together in a months time.

Bunch of multiplayer modes thrown together with no multiplayer, horrible AI, no story, mass slowdown as the enemies rush you and pathetic rewards. The house you earn at the end for instance, has nothing within that can't be earned by actually playing the game.

The sad thing is just a few changes could have made it worth the cost, if not more. Adding an actual multiplayer component to this DLC would have been awesome. Coop on survival mode getting to see and fight besides other player's Shepards. A competitive version of capture where 2-4 players try and take and hold all the control points etc. Even a leader board to compare times and scores with other players would have helped. Instead if you want to brag about your time you have to write down/remember your time and then write it on a forum and hope nobody lies about their time. Even a few articles of spiffy exclusive armor or weapons could have gone a long way to justify the price.

There are only a handful of 'positives'. You get a very cool view of a Saturn like ring planet from the view port of the space station, the arena is a great place to wrack up weapon/biotic achievements (big whoop) or to farm xp (another questionable pro and least liked aspect of RPGs, but hey its there). Really, this should have been free. Even then I can see people ignoring/not installing it as a free release. The quality is that low.

Really, this should have been free. Even then I can see people ignoring/not installing it as a free release. The quality is that low.

But no-one would really complain if it was I think - they would go "maybe it sucks, but hey .. it's free! what did you expect?"..

Fortune favors the bald.

Really, this should have been free. Even then I can see people ignoring/not installing it as a free release. The quality is that low.

But no-one would really complain if it was I think - they would go "maybe it sucks, but hey .. it's free! what did you expect?"..

Exactly... thats why it should have been free. Again people might be surprised at the poor quality but there would be little to complain about as a free add-on.

DLC usually don't sell very well on PC's, until Fallout 3 anyways... No one with a computer is usually willing to pay for **** that should have been in the game like Broken Steel.

Anyone remember Trials of the Luremaster? That was DLC.

Edited by EUIX

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

DLC usually don't sell very well on PC's, until Fallout 3 anyways... No one with a computer is usually willing to pay for **** that should have been in the game like Broken Steel.

Anyone remember Trials of the Luremaster? That was DLC.

I remember it.

Because of all the stuff I had to do to download it to disk (since my computer at the time wasn't hooked up to the internet).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man