Commandos 4 is coming

Morgoth

Click

It's about friggin' time. The original Commandos was one of the first games I've played, so it has a special place in my heart. Same for the Addon and C2, which were both great. Never could stomach all these clones that followed after (Desperados, Robin Hood etc.), they never reached the excellency of the strategy masters from Pyro. Even more suprised though that they completely screwed up C3 - it was the time when akshun and dumbing down came into fashion. And don't even mention this abomination called Strike Force.

But with C4 Pyro says they want to get back to the roots.

Anyone else a huge Commandos fan here?

And at this point, I would like to point out that Commandos 3: Destination Berlin was still a true commandos game (= top-down tactical strategy game, or however You define it), and that it was Commandos: Strike force that what was a complete travesty and mockery of it's predecessors.

But I'm all up for calling this new game Commandos 4.

Why the Desperados hate? It took the Commandos style, but made every character unique with their own (useful) abilities, had a story worth something(instead of a lame history lesson before every mission) and each of the ~25 levels was unique and varied.

That said, I haven't played Commandos 3, other than ~10 minutes of the demo and that didn't do anything for me.

I'll counter that by saying 99% of anything WWII-related sucks.

If you haven't played it, you should. Try the demo.

I did play it, thanks. It's just not as gripping and dramatic as Commandos. Also, I felt Desperados is when it comes to opportunities and tools a bit dumbed down. The mission design in Commandos is definately better.

The first ~6 missions are about getting your team together.

It's not dumbed down and it has awesome stuff like knocking people unconscious by bouncing a rock off the side of a building or putting a vial of knockout gas on a balloon and then shooting the balloon when it is above the enemies. Also, you can't just bunch your team together in a corner and shoot all the enemies in the level to death.

Whatever.

From Commandos 4, I expect the basic gameplay, but enriched with new innovations. I expect a full 3D environment (but still with isometric view), more indoor missions (the only thing that C3 did well), some new tricks you can do with the AI, and generally the great and versatile mission design I expect from Pyro, this time probably with a real story, maybe even some adventure/RPG elements.

Bah, what's up with all these gaming sites these days? Why do they spread only myths and lies?

Too bad.

Planet 51 the only game they have worked on? Like tha last 4 years? Lazy bastards. That means we can expect the next Commandos in 5 years, and it will be a dumbed down console shooter.

Commandos and Commandos 2 were great. Commandos was perfect game for me as around 1998 I was seriously bored with traditional RTS games (actually many rather good RTS games got released but I didnt feel like playing 'em at the time, including Starcraft and Total Annihilation). I loved how much details developers managed to put in animations of these tiny characters and difficulty curve was just right for me.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

Commandos and the addon were awesome. C2 was still great but after that i didn't even bother with the sequels. Jut not right.

And Morgoth if you hate WW then try the Robin Hood game by desperados devs. That one is better than Desperados and it's middle ages not ww :D

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Commandos and the addon were awesome. C2 was still great but after that i didn't even bother with the sequels. Jut not right.

And Morgoth if you hate WW then try the Robin Hood game by desperados devs. That one is better than Desperados and it's middle ages not ww :D

The Robin Hood game was even more horrible.

Nope, I stick to the Original.

Though I'm really pissed now that the news was untrue.