New IGN Preview

All video games have bugs in them during preview stage, it's pretty unprofessional to go around "warning" people about it. But apparently a few titles that got rushed out before they were finished poison the benefit of the doubt for a title that is going to come out eight months later than originally planned.

I don't post if I don't have anything to say, which I guess makes me better than the rest of your so-called "community." 8)

Guest PoziomyPion

I would just like to know what build of AP has been previewed by IGN. If thats an E3 one, they should fire the dumbass that did the preview.

You mean for the purpose of supporting the further work of Obsidian, or will that be some sort of measure of quality?

Obviously the first, sure undying adulations is great, but it doesn't pay the bills(Troika),they would rather have 3+ million in sale and the undying adulation. You know, sort of like Bethesda.

I'm sorry, but I have to wonder what "genre heavyweights" we are talking about here? If we're talking the realms of RPGs, the only games I can think of that really do the "cut scene thing" at all are Biowares games

Yes, Bioware are considered a 'heavyweight', it's what happens when you create 5 or 6 commercially and critically succesful games. :thumbsup:

, and at least Mass Effect and/or Dragon Age don't particularly advanced in this section either. Just what are they comparing with here?

Well they are playing AP and therefore have better insights then you. So if they feel it's inferior to ME, they are pretty much allowed to. And yes ME was advanced in this area, leagues ahead of any rpg to date.

And again, with the animations, emotion etc... Just what are we comparing with here? Mass Effect? Fallout 3 (oh lawd)? Don't get me wrong, I don't think any RPG has matched Bloodines in terms of "digital acting" on NPC faces, but I hardly think Bloodlines is what they're comparing with here. Come on guys, give us something to work with.

Bloodlines was a great game, with more depth and replayability then ME, but when it comes to digital acting, thats a joke.

Oh looky, here we go again:

Judging from the review, Sega hasn't payed off IGN enough, unlike everyone else. I'm not expecting AP to be yet another 10/10 GotY coming from any game "journalist" outfit now, but that's 100% fine with me.

Oh no, previewer don't agree with my opinion, *throws toys out of pram* they must not of been paid. :p

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Who?

Scarlet Lake or "Scar-Lay" as she is known by the tabloids.

But where's said picture of her wearing an Iron Maiden t shirt? I've only seen one picture of her, and that was in the latest issue of PC Gamer. She isn't wearing an IM shirt. :)

Haha that was pretty funny: out of fleeting curiosity I googled "scarlet lake" and a LinkedIn profile came up. Figuring it was her I clicked on it, and it turned out to be LinkedIn profile for a madame (i.e someone who runs a brothel.)

Geez everybody is really using LinkedIn these days huh?

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/scarlett-lake/3/a93/972

For whatever reason I thought Scarlet Lake was a game journalist at IGN or something, and not -- as she actually is -- that photojournalist from the game .

Edited by kreese12

Who?

Scarlet Lake or "Scar-Lay" as she is known by the tabloids.

But where's said picture of her wearing an Iron Maiden t shirt? I've only seen one picture of her, and that was in the latest issue of PC Gamer. She isn't wearing an IM shirt. :sorcerer:

www.alphaprotocol.com

Go to Characters > S. Lake > it's the middle picture

Scarlet seems like an intriguing character. It will be interesting to hear what type of voice she has... she is supposedly voiced by Courtenay Taylor aka Juhani from KotOR.

Juhani had a bad accent, so we can't really know what she'll actually sound like in AP. :/

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Juhani had a bad accent, so we can't really know what she'll actually sound like in AP. :/

I was about to post the same thing. She also had a male Finnish name (~john), which kind of prevented me from taking her seriously on any level.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I never listen to talking in any of those games where you have a choice. Once everyone talks super-fast and its your turn to respond, Theres always four options, the good response, the neutral response, the evil response, and the leave response. Im glad Alpha Protocol isnt doingit that way.

salamando.gif

build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

No, they added the "shoot in the face/kneecap/headslam/have sex" options. So awesome.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

No, they added the "shoot in the face/kneecap/headslam/have sex" options. So awesome.

There could be a secret game mode where every single dialogue has only those 4 options. Even if you're talking to the President of Taiwan.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: