FO:NV

Gorth

Ah, I see: qfq = qft - t + q

:)

No, I don't see.

Ooh, expensive shiny! (watches top gear video of Acura LFA)

But for all of us, there will come a point where it does matter, and it's gonna be like having a miniature suit-head shoving sticks up your butt all the time. - Tigranes

Hey Sawyer, I was wondering if you could tell us a bit insofar as Damage Threshold is concerned. I've tried explaining it to people and they tend to get confused. In the first 2 Fallouts it comes in before resistance, right? So if I'm being hit with a 10 HP spear attack and my armor has DR/DT 25/02, then the DT reduces damage to 8 and the DR reduces it further to 6. Is that how it works?
The fixed reduction comes before the percentage reduction IIRC.

Ooh, expensive shiny! (watches top gear video of Acura LFA)

You mean the Lexus?

Eek, yep I totally meant to say that. Still can't afford one either way.

Have you heard the noise one of those suckers makes?

But for all of us, there will come a point where it does matter, and it's gonna be like having a miniature suit-head shoving sticks up your butt all the time. - Tigranes

Hey Sawyer, I was wondering if you could tell us a bit insofar as Damage Threshold is concerned. I've tried explaining it to people and they tend to get confused. In the first 2 Fallouts it comes in before resistance, right? So if I'm being hit with a 10 HP spear attack and my armor has DR/DT 25/02, then the DT reduces damage to 8 and the DR reduces it further to 6. Is that how it works?
The fixed reduction comes before the percentage reduction IIRC.

I remember it as this way as well.

On a 2/25 leather armor incoming 10 points is reduced by 2 to 8 first, then 8 is reduced 25%.

Been at least a couple years since I played it though.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Hell yeah

but I really don't like the sentence "Bethesda's new post-apocalyptic RPG..."

EDIT

Oh and this look like Fallout 3 screenshot, only with Copy-Pasted vegas sign in the distance

Edited by Dagon

I've also been listening to a podcast featuring Todd Howard where people could ask questions to him. There was some brief talk about New Vegas but Todd just said he couldn't talk about it yet.

The guy making the call was interestingly enough worried about New Vegas being in OEIs hands as he felt they'd been making a "media boo boo" with Alpha Protocol last year. Todd was very nice about it, said he felt AP looked good from what he'd seen and that he had a lot of respect for OEI and emphasized the fact that many OEI guys have worked on the previous Fallout games.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

he still often spoke in that weird first person plural quotation form, not sure what the proper name for that is.

wot?

Example?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

While more activity will be nice and something I've been wanting, I hope things don't turn into something akin to the Bioware forums. And not just because of the extra mod workload. :p

Heja Sverige!!

He wasn't as whiny as he usually is, but he still often spoke in that weird first person plural quotation form, not sure what the proper name for that is. It really annoys me.

Regal talk? Like Louis XIV?

Yup, but also quoting themselves:

We wanted to make fallout bad, so we said "What can we do to make it bad?" and we asked ourselves "What would you really hate to see in a Fallout game? More splosions, flat dialog, terrible animations?" We feel that we're the biggest fans evah, so it's the product of love.

We wanted to make fallout bad, so we said "What can we do to make it bad?" and we asked ourselves "What would you really hate to see in a Fallout game? More splosions, flat dialog, terrible animations?" We feel that we're the biggest fans evah, so it's the product of love.

He talks like my grandmother, then.

Heja Sverige!!

While more activity will be nice and something I've been wanting, I hope things don't turn into something akin to the Bioware forums. And not just because of the extra mod workload. :biggrin:

I just swore I'm never going back there again. While I'm not a fan of supercilious geek elitism, the cluelessness, low (mental) age, trolls and rampant fanboyism make that place a total train wreck. It's a pity, really, since all the good stuff (including a lot of great information not available elsewhere) just gets lost in the tidal wave of STUPIDITY.

Honestly, people whine about stuff I'd never thought could be possible.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I'm wondering where the NV forum will be, here or on the Bethsoft forums. Right now there's a link to Bethsoft but it's general Fallout discussion. I can't imagine they'd leave it like that as the game is released.

It was certainly interesting having so many espionage / Bond / Bourne geeks flood the forums 'round the time AP first showed up.