FO:NV

Gorth

Probably too late for this project but iD's Rage and Id Tech5 engine allow very smooth vehicle segments. Actually with few modifications, Rage could be set in Fallout universe.

Id tech5 and Rage

Fuels can be made from just about anything and some engines are really primitive tech (steam, carbon monoxide ect ect) so there should be some working vehicles in Fallout.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

In a country adverse to train transportation, I find the irony sublime >_<

Okay people, time to file this under the "very not likely". From here :

Update #2: GameInformer’s executive editor Andrew Reiner just tweeted the following on his personal Twitter account: “Fallout: New Vegas is NOT Game Informer’s next cover”, and Bethesda has declined to comment on the detail of the rumor.
Edited by Sannom

At the time in which the FO universe diverges from our own, train travel was still relatively common, and even in real life, cargo freight is common.

Besides, in VB it's the NCR who ultimately make train travel viable. Coal is a cheap and abundant power source.

In a country adverse to train transportation, I find the irony sublime >_<

The U.S. isn't averse to train transportation-- it's averse to train passenger transportation (outside the DC-to-Boston corridor, that is). Freight rail is still a huge industry in the States.

Anyhow, a motorcycle or the like would be cool, but I still see it most likely as the method of 'fast travel,' rather than a means to squeeze lots of driving/vehicular combat gameplay into an actiony-RPG. (Think Mako.)

Here's Pete Hines: "well it didn't take very long before wild guesses in forum posts suddenly became the basis for a "news story". 2010 feels a lot like 2009."

The shine is coming off of these rumors pretty fast, eh?

Edited by Pop

Here's Pete Hines: "well it didn't take very long before wild guesses in forum posts suddenly became the basis for a "news story". 2010 feels a lot like 2009."

The shine is coming off of these rumors pretty fast, eh?

If only they'd installed secondary double glazing on it.

p.s.- I feel a disturbance in the force. It's as though a hundred devs simultaneously facepalmed, and then fell silent bc the nda is still in place.

Edited by Mikhailian

But for all of us, there will come a point where it does matter, and it's gonna be like having a miniature suit-head shoving sticks up your butt all the time. - Tigranes

Hey Sawyer, I was wondering if you could tell us a bit insofar as Damage Threshold is concerned. I've tried explaining it to people and they tend to get confused. In the first 2 Fallouts it comes in before resistance, right? So if I'm being hit with a 10 HP spear attack and my armor has DR/DT 25/02, then the DT reduces damage to 8 and the DR reduces it further to 6. Is that how it works?

I think Obsidian should hire the author of these hoax-tidbits. Obviously, he is more gifted in game design than many guyz from industry.. :thumbsup:

The difficult part is not coming up with things you like and shove them all into a game idea, the hard part is realizing it and actually create a game from them. How many games do you think the hoax:ee has made?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Hey Sawyer, I was wondering if you could tell us a bit insofar as Damage Threshold is concerned. I've tried explaining it to people and they tend to get confused. In the first 2 Fallouts it comes in before resistance, right? So if I'm being hit with a 10 HP spear attack and my armor has DR/DT 25/02, then the DT reduces damage to 8 and the DR reduces it further to 6. Is that how it works?

I believe it's good to know how the numbers crunch in the background, or at least to have that information available. However, I don't believe that it's a big deal to most players. I don't have a crystal ball to know what 'the average gamer' wants, but that degree of specificity isn't really necessary to beat any games I've played. Sure, if you pump up the settings to the hardest settings and maybe include mods that make it even more difficult, you might need to rely on the tiniest bit of information. I seriously doubt, crystal ball or not, that most gamers ramp up to the hardest setting and then saddle their characters with additional mod created difficulties. ...And if the difficulty comes from a mod changing the difficulty, the information about the underlying mechanics is moot anyhow.

Don't get me wrong. I think the question is legit and the fine tuned number crunching discussions are great fun. For an essential discussion, though, we really need to have basic information that's easy to understand in a nutshell.

Let me incite riots amongst the faithful by citing World of Warcraft. In WoW, you have armor, defense, dodge, parry, and block. Armor basically stops some damage. Defense makes it harder to hit and crit the character and then adds to dodge, parry, and block. Dodge allows the player to flat out avoid the attack by character movement. parry allows a player to use a weapon to deflect the attack. Block allows the player to use a shield to absorb some of the damage from an attack. Now, the specifics are more complex, but a player can get through the vast majority of the game with that essential understanding. Resilience reduces the chance of crits against the character and the damage of the crits that hit, but resilience is basically a player versus player defense. If the design team can't provide mechanics that players can distill into the same brief understanding, then it's a failing on its part.

p.s.- I feel a disturbance in the force. It's as though a hundred devs simultaneously facepalmed, and then fell silent bc the nda is still in place.

One of the better analogies I've heard in awhile. Welcome to my signature, good sir/madam.

I feel a disturbance in the force. It's as though a hundred devs simultaneously facepalmed, and then fell silent bc the nda is still in place.

twitter

Man, just got in here late, but we actually believed the hoax leak? That was rubbish, I'm disappointed. :thumbsup:

Chinese 'hari kiri', my ass.

That was the bit that kinda sold it to me as being real.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

One of the better analogies I've heard in awhile. Welcome to my signature, good sir/madam.

Yay, I've never been quoted before :)

But for all of us, there will come a point where it does matter, and it's gonna be like having a miniature suit-head shoving sticks up your butt all the time. - Tigranes

I must say, whoever came up with all this is a master troll...

So let's all chill out with a song!

I know of a tavern not far from here
Where you can get some mighty fine beer
The company's true and the wenches are pretty
It's the greatest damn place in the whole of the city
If you're looking for crewmates, you'll sure find 'em there
Cutthroats and lowlifes and worse i should dare
Ol' Nancy don't care who comes to her inn
It's a den of debauchery violence and sin

So come take a drink and drown your sorrows
And all of our fears will be gone til tomorrow
We'll have no regrets and live for the day