FO:NV

Gorth

'People's Liberation Army of the People's Republic of China' (PLA). Apparently. Nothing shorter would do of course.

That old adage.. if a country needs to put "Republic" or "Democracy" in it's title, it's nearly always a dictatorship. If it's a "People's Republic or Democracy" it's usually a very serious dictatorship..

:shifty:

But...what if it has Democratic AND Republic in its title? Will be go bongo? :o

manthing2.jpg

That sounds immense if true.

There's one problem though: I can't help but think Chinese Agent might have a little trouble getting laid - something of critical importance in the Fallout world. And this has nothing to do with him being Chinese.

Some prostitutes are more willing than others. Never had any problems getting Lenny laid in FO 2.

Caesar's legion was to be in Van Buren if I remember correctly, and if so, it seems to lend credit that this information is actually true.
Not really, if I wanted to convince people of my trolling, I'd drop VB references left and right too.

hari kari with cyanide capsules

Awfully difficult to stab yourself with a pill. Anyway aren't these Chinese soldiers. Don't think the Red Army was ever into the whole death cult thing.

Aw, beat me to the punch(line). :shifty:

It's hilarious though, wrong nation, wrong name for the method and a typo. Hard to top this.

I find it strange that a "quick" dam sabotaging mission isn't aborted before the bombs are dropped. Do those ICMBs have no traveling time?

Edited by Oner

All this hubbub got me to take a look at th Van Buren design docs again. One thing I'd *really* want to see in New Vegas is them reviving the idea of Combat Boy, Science Boy, Diploboy and Stealthboy. That'd give a lot of flavor to the game.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

What's with the ghoul radiationblast thingy... again? Seeing it mentioned kinda creeps me out.

Otherwise that rumor sounds pretty swell... for a rumor, that is.

Now just waiting for the real info. I'm, kinda, dying to know how the skills and stats work - what's their importance and how drastic their effects will be.

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

Sweet!

I hope this is true, since I would love to play a Ghoul and Caesar's Legion as faction is way way more intriguing than general slaver faction.

Also, the "fact" that New Vegas area will dwarf Capital Wasteland is really nice. One of the biggest disappointments in Fallout 3 for me was the fact how small the area was.

Vehicles will be nice addition to the game if they are done "in the right way". Can't wait to do battle with road gangs :shifty:

Hate the living, love the dead.

The mere mention of vehicles and much bigger maps gave me a boner.

I had my laptop in my lap.

Obsidian owes me a new laptop if this turns out to be true.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

[intelligence] So you believe JE is nervous about the initial reaction of NV's features?

heh. more like biting his lip because he either wants to confirm or deny the leak but can't with Big Brother looking over his shoulder. though now that i think of it...if it is a leak, yeah...mayhap this is the beginning of nervousland for everybody.

I'm intrigued with the 'leaked' concepts. It only adds another level of excitement for me for New Vegas and if Obsidian could actually implement these features within a year in a restrictive Embryo engine, I'll be damn impressed.

I thought they gave it to Obsidian, is he there to ensure the presence of mudcrabs ?

Feargus showed up in the BG games, remember? Black Isle had producers working on the Bioware games.

Anyhoo, I'm skeptical about the vehicular portions, what with Josh saying this some years ago about VB:

I think the Fallout feel comes from the physical setting (I keep things in the American southwest), the continual presence of Fallout organizations and new organizations that blend into previous Fallout styles, and by keeping super mutants, ghouls, centaurs, and other really freakish critters at the fringes of areas.

I also try to downplay obsession with fuel and vehicles, as most people have simply adapted to traveling by foot and brahmin -- or through the generation of alternate fuel like ethanol. SECs and MFCs are usually used for weapons, not transportation. Rare vehicles are usually motorcycles, but there are no gangs of roving vehicle guys. There just aren't enough intact vehicles and fuel sources going around for that. Long distance travel is often done by rail, sometimes with the aid of the Iron Lines tribe.

I don't picture Josh really springing for vehicles. Maybe it was something the Bethsoft demanded? Maybe it was part of Obsidz' pitch? Or maybe it's all bull****, who knows.

Edited by Pop

I don't picture Josh really springing for vehicles. Maybe it was something the Bethsoft demanded? Maybe it was part of Obsidz' pitch? Or maybe it's all bull****, who knows.

Yeah, but still I would love to see vehicles >_<

Also hoping that this isn't a hoax, I really would like to see Origins, and playing as Super Mutant and Ghoul sounds good as well.

I've heard somewhere that Pete Hines said, in reaction to that rumor, that, like usual, people made a surprising good job of amplifying everything >_<

The more I look to that news, the more I'm skeptical about the vehicles part. It seems to be way too much developed and important for this kind of game, it is not a race simulator! If the vehicle part is true, I don't think it will be nearly as much as developed as that rumor suggests.

The rest sounds plausible though, but still nothing sure.

I'm gonna go ahead and file this under "BS until proven otherwise". Better to do that now and be surprised with good news later, than to really latch on to this rumour and be totally disappointed when like 0.000004134% of it turns out to be true.

I just really don't think Obsidian has the time to developement all the new assets they need (even if they recycle a bunch), write up all the dialogues, get the VO's done, tweak the engine, and have all of this coded in too. IF they managed to add all that in the short window they have, It'd likely be either a billion times buggier than fo3, or it'd overshoot it's release window by at least a year.

But for all of us, there will come a point where it does matter, and it's gonna be like having a miniature suit-head shoving sticks up your butt all the time. - Tigranes

I can see the vehicles being part of an idea to spread out the gameworld. In Fallout 3 everything was jammed close together, but if you spread it out you just have a bunch of boring walking.

Problem is, how the hell can you make vehicular racing and combat feel like fallout?

But Oblivion had horses! Oblivion used the same engine as Fallout 3. Horses are basically slower cars that poop a lot more. Ergo, vehicles are IN!!

(please don't kill my dreams)

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I'm gonna go ahead and file this under "BS until proven otherwise".

That's probably the best advise for everybody.

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

But Oblivion had horses! Oblivion used the same engine as Fallout 3. Horses are basically slower cars that poop a lot more. Ergo, vehicles are IN!!

(please don't kill my dreams)

I'm not saying I don't like the idea, in fact I've promoted many of the things listed here before. But I try to look at all of these things in a pragmatic light. The things I usually suggest are actually what I believe to be achievable compromises, instead of the things I REALLY want.

But for all of us, there will come a point where it does matter, and it's gonna be like having a miniature suit-head shoving sticks up your butt all the time. - Tigranes