Trying to run KOTOR 2 on a netbook

I've got a brand new Inspiron 1011 and an old copy of KOTOR II, and I intend to mate the two if at all possible. I've installed the software, but it crashes after the intro movie. Is this a mad, mad union that nature never intended and the computer gods will not allow? If so, can I make it work anyway?

Windows XP Home Edition, 5.1 build

Bios: 1.00PARTTBLu

Intel Atom CPU N270 @ 1.6GHz *2 cpus)

1014MB ram

Mobile Intel 945 Express Chipset Famikly

Chip type: Intel GMA 950

Approx. Total Memory: 128MB

Main Driver: igxprd32.dll

version: 6.14.0010.4926

DDI version: 9 or higher

My laptop has pretty much the same specs and both games run, with minor graphics issues (shiny silver textures appear white, some force effects don't show etc). You *need* a CD/DVD drive though, because stuff like DaemonTools, cracked exes or whatever other you might use will make TSL crash after the intro video. Ripping the CDs won't get you beyond installation, as you need the 'Play' CD/DVD in your drive. Look into getting an external drive.

Edited by refuse

My laptop has pretty much the same specs and both games run, with minor graphics issues (shiny silver textures appear white, some force effects don't show etc). You *need* a CD/DVD drive though, because stuff like DaemonTools, cracked exes or whatever other you might use will make TSL crash after the intro video. Ripping the CDs won't get you beyond installation, as you need the 'Play' CD/DVD in your drive. Look into getting an external drive.

Ah, there's my problem. In truth, I had downloaded an iso since I've lost a couple discs...